Similar Engine Settings within Rekordbox

Hi guys,

I posted this on Pioneer, but I know some people here use both as well and will understand what I mean more… However, I’m going to have to use CDJ 2000 NXS2 at one of my residencies from next week. I have set up a copy of my Denon library in Rekordbox and have borrowed my friend’s XDJ1000MK2 to start to check some basics.

I am using USB exports from Rekordbox.

I am having the following issues/behavior problems compared to what I expect coming from my other players.

• My songs always auto-start when I load them. I’m sure I’ve got this turned off on preferences then sync to my USB. But I might be missing something?

• If I start a loop it will automatically start the song from the point I press the loop. I don’t want it to do this.

• If I extend a loop or half a loop, it will also go back to the start of the loop, rather than for extending and just continuing the loop longer. With shortening it always goes back to the start as well, throwing out my beat matching.

• Is there a way to view all songs that are below the level of the folder I’m in, without going down to the actual playlist itself?

I’m sure most of these are software/ settings on Rekordbox to export or on the CDJ/ XDJ, however, it’s making it a lot harder to jump between them both! Any ideas?

Ideally, I would just use my Denon gear but due to the fact we are now going to have four CDJs on the stage, I don’t have the space on the desk to put my SC6000Ms out.

Sounds like auto cue is turned off. Here is a old YouTube video about that :rofl: Pioneer auto cue

I can’t remember how the CDJ gui works so can’t say if you can see all tracks in a folder.

1 Like

That is so counterintuitive! I would expect A Cue off to not do the behavior, not do the behavior!

That’s point one sorted… Thank you very very much :slight_smile:

Any ideas from you or anyone on;

• If I start a loop it will automatically start the song from the point I press the loop. I don’t want it to do this.
  • If I extend a loop or half a loop, it will also go back to the start of the loop, rather than for extending and just continuing the loop longer. With shortening it always goes back to the start as well, throwing out my beat matching.
1 Like

For the loops it works without restarting it on my xdj1000mk2, quantize setting to 1 beat.

So when using x2 it will just continue to play from current loop position until the end of the (now longer) loop.

If I use x1/2 and the current play position is in the second half of the (previous longer) loop, it will jump to start at the next beat.

Everything else would make no sense.

Current software version is 1.44 (with only minor changes in 1.44).