Shutdown problem with nvme m2 ssd

One of my backup disk is a 1to nvme m2 Crucial ssd. Every time I want to eject it, Prime 4 is stuck on wait screen and I have to force shutdown. Any solution ?

To correctly use an M2 type external media with high speed in and out flow, there must be at least USB3.0 / USB3.1 ports on the laptop or desktop!

Otherwise the performance times for writing and reading will not be increased and the detection and ejection time will be more or less responsive instantly. So the ejection problem will be hardware and not software, if Windows 10 is up to date, the management of M2 disks with USB2 ports is improved, but we will never have the same performance as with USB3.

To find out if the laptop has USB3 ports these will be blue, so if for example you want to use an M2 SSD on the P4, you will have to connect it to the back and not to the USB2 ports above. zone right and booth, if you want to have a really good performance.

Encore une fois tu n’as rien compris à mon message. Aussi, plutôt que de faire systématiquement du hors sujet et de répondre à côté de la plaque, je te demanderai désormais de t’abstenir de répondre à mes posts, vu que la dernière fois cela s’est mal terminé et que tu es allé te plaindre comme un gamin aux modérateurs. Pour ta gouverne personnelle, j’ai un bts en informatique donc je sais parfaitement comment fonctionnent les ssd, NVME ou pas. C’est aux techniciens software de Denon que je pose la question. De plus je ne parle pas de problème avec un pc et je sais très bien où brancher mes disques. Apprends à lire.

"Pour ta gouverne personnelle, j’ai un bts en informatique donc je sais parfaitement comment fonctionnent les ssd, NVME ou pas."

Pour ma part je suis formateur APPLE pour les vendeurs des enseignes Darty et Boulanger (depuis 2015) et dépanneur en informatique ! (c’est pour cela que sur un de tes anciens comme j’ai expliqué que je ne vais pas rentrer dans ton jeu !

J’ai 46 piges et j’en ai rien à carrer de ta vie et je ne me suis pas du tout pleins !

Tu parles d’éjection avec le Prime 4 et j’avais bien compris ! J’ai donc expliqué la gestion des ports en fonction du périphérique connecté ! Si ton disque externe M2 est brancher au dessus donc USB2, c’est peut -être pour ça que ça ne répond pas correctement et comme c’est pas écrit sur ton image que tu as des soit disante connaissances, c’est pour cela que je suis rentré sur ces détails.

"De plus je ne parle pas de problème avec un pc et je sais très bien où brancher mes disques".

Mais tu n’est pas le seul sur le forum, ça peu en instruire quelques un d’approfondir les utilisateurs ou les futures utilisateurs !

De plus pour une bonne gestion des disques de cette gamme il faudrait qu’il y ait un Processeur Intel (100% compatible avec cette technologie) et au mini les AMD Ryzen dans le Prime 4 et les autres lecteurs mais ce n’est pas le cas, c’est un processeur ARM qui est dans les lecteurs de la Série Prime.

Could this be a problem of the used M2 to USB converter perhaps (casing or adapter; don’t know what you use)? Might simply be an incompatibility between the brands (chipset Prime4 <> external usb).

On another note. The French Connection is clearly happening again. Maybe avoid each other; which will be hard on a forum, so I’m asking this from both of you of course (user mute is an option).

You’ve flagged your own post, but why should/would we delete this topic? It might help others with the same USB converter!

I asked this guy to never contact or answer anymore to one of my post, above all when he knows nothing and is completely dumb in his advice. Where is this mute option please ? Or is there a way to ban this moron of my account ? For my own problem, when I try to eject my nvme, Prime 4 says “Disk USB3 is currently in use. Ejecting it will upload tracks” And it stays stuck on this screen, all night long if you want, and nothing happens. I have to force shutdown. My M2 enclosure has a RTL (Realtek) 9110B-CG chipset with an updated firmware… Well in fact, seen it doesn’t give any speed advantage, I think that I’m gonna use my other classic ssd. But may be it will be useful for your technical team to know that there is maybe a problem with that kind of disk.

If you open someone’s profile, you have the option to mute; top right-hand side. If you’d want to…

In my opinion, indeed it doesn’t change much on the player’s side of things. The speed improvement only helps on the computer side when maintaining your collection.

Thanks for the chipset specs.

1 Like

I was considering a DIY nvme disk. Thanks for sharing this.

My thinking is that export time will be significantly reduced on the desktop side of things compared to Sata SSD even if there is no obvious speed benefit on the Engine OS devices

1 Like

Definitively, if you had the intention of buying a nvme, I can tell you that it’s useless because for having a gain in speed, a usb 3 gen 2 (usb C) is needed. And as you know, Denon did not implemented this kind of port on Prime collection. Sad… And strange… On laptop side, it’s true that making a backup is faster, but seen the deconnection problems incountered with P4, it’s not worth the while until any fix

It’s not that strange. Even USB2.0 is 480Mbit, so 60MB/s in an ideal world. Should be fast enough to load a track or collection.

May be usb C could have been used for future technologies, extensions, connections, new kind of Denon’s invention… :blush: Who knows ? Usb3 is 20 th century. Even on the usb3 charge port, it would have been better. Sigh… :sob:

@Dj.â– â– â–  how are you getting on with the NVME diy storage?

Does it work okay?

What size are you using?

What enclosure?

The ejection problem was on 2.0. Since I rolled back to 1.6, everything’s okay. My nvme is 1to

1 Like