Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

I don’t think there’s a low end in the prime range

Premium :man_technologist:t5:

Loving my set up I but really gotta get rid of the KRK’S and replace them with Adams A7’s

13 Likes

My player arrived today. Unpacked one for now, will do the other later (family time :blush: )

So far a nice step up from the 5k. Love the big screen and how the buttons feel.

10 Likes

sick setup!! love the mixer and the headphone :smiley:

1 Like

LOL how do you have the heart to only unpack one?! that’s like saying only a little foreplay today and sex tomorrow LMAO Im obviously joking, looks great and have fun.

1 Like

The Prime 2 and Prime 4 if comparing to the SC with X mixer setup. All a matter of prospective. I say that not to put those products down but more from the perspective of capabilities. May not be much of a difference but some at least.

No doubt the whole prime family is better than any other product out there right now. Love the direction Denon is headed.

1 Like

Rotary faders…yummy. :grin:

1 Like

Faders are not rotary, knobs are :wink:

1 Like

When you can rotade the fader, it´s broken for sure :grin: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m gonna show my makeshift home setup later. It’s a little unique relative to what I see posted. Nothing to brag about, only to show.

Then I’ll buy a replacement. :wink:

1 Like

So a bit of a updated photo:

9 Likes

The 5500 sounds SOOOOOOOOO much better than the 5000s if you compare keylock off or stay reasonably near the pitch zero. Makes me almost want to cry. Man, this audio processing needs to be improved. So much other stuff going for Prime, but that’s such a glaring area it falls short when you use them side by side… especially with thick, dense music. I find myself using Prime with a lot of more minimalist productions because the dense stuff just comes off as confused, harsh, or mush. I miss DJing tech trance and still have it sound crisp, open, lush, and kinda pretty all at the same time.

2 Likes

I like the 5500, it is a great deck. And the option to put in a hard drive or cd drive makes it very versatile. But the sticker drift and max 20 seconds buffering makes it hard to use sometimes… But still possible to play and have fun :slight_smile:

By sticker drift, I assume you mean the lack of time added prior to the track zero and how you can’t scratch before the zero…? Because I notice that if you’re at the beginning of the track and scratch, it changes the physical representation of the sound start on the the 7" disk. I don’t notice drift much anywhere else on a track.

Another thing that bugs me about the 5500 is the hot starts require you to either be paused or to let it be playing. You can’t hold the scratch disc while in play mode and set a hot start. That is beyond goofy.

Can I ask how you interstate the Kaos pad?

Interstate? You mean how I use it or how it is connected?

@Reticuli Anywhere in the track when I scratch (and I do a lot), I noticed a drift in sound. I need to chase the sound with the platter, making my notch on the platter go further away forward. Like the track is going a couple frames forward regarding the position when I started scratching. And it continues to go until I stop scratching and let it spin freely and then pickup another scratch point - the drift starts again.

Sorry my phone corrected the word I was suppose to use!

How do you incorporate it into your setup? What is it good at? What makes it stand out?

In the type of music I play usually (up-tempo hardcore) this makes some wild, unexpected effects, great for breakdowns and buildups. Also I use loop fx to creat roll fx with filter under one touch. Granulizer is also a very useful effect to harsh the sound. Once You get used to know it, and how it works, it gives a lot of fun to play with it.