Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

I am actually thinking about some Molton - been told its the best solution, now I cant build a extra Wall.

Best solution for ??? Keeping sound away from the neighbours?

Yes… Or at least as much as possible :joy:

From my sound engineering training I know that stopping sound from getting out of a room can be realized by only one of two options:

1. Mass. I.e. 2 feet of concrete do a perfect job!
  2. Decoupling. I.e. box-in-a-box Both not feasible in you room. Not sure what help molton will be or any acoustic treatment for that matter. Acoustic treatment, as the name suggested only does something for the sound quality in the room.
1 Like

Some amazing setups here. Mine >> MC7000 Dell Precision i7, 16gb ram. Denon PMA amp. DenonDJ 1100 headphones. Eltac tower speakers.

Cant remember the brand of the floor stand, but its really solid. Doesnt move or flex at all.

1 Like

Yeah, looks like it could double as a WorkMate!

rocking my 5000’s

2 Likes

DJtrooklyn,

Hope you don’t mind if I use this design as inspiration for my next build. I do professional woodworking as a hobby and had something like this in mind.

Did you have someone professionally build it for you?

Totally cool!! I did the design and the table top build myself. I had someone else build the cabinets and do the final assembly for me.

Bedroom (my tiny corner allocated by the missus)

ST 150

X1800

Rokits somewhere

3 Likes

Nice Mufasa!

Since 28th January I’ve made some “small” changes. First photo is a bit wide angled…

7 Likes

Recently also HS5500 is added, but no picture taken yet…

7 Likes

Not finished yet, needs some sound proofing when the studio gear gets put in for my daughter, there’s just always something else to do!!

10 Likes

How your keyboard and mouse pad appear to be floating really hurts my brain :joy: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Awesome set up! Where is the table from?

I have a mate that’s a kitchen fitter, so he custom made it for me

Looks awesome!

1 Like

That’s what I call a DJ :+1:t3::sunglasses::headphones::wink:

Simple but so fun. The double layer sc5000 means I can fit 4 channels of sound in this small NY apartment. Trying to track someone down to build a shelf for the gear — needs to be about 6 inches higher so my back will stop complaining :joy:Also need to put some records away …

7 Likes

That record collection looks like it has taken some time to build, impressive.

1 Like