Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

my room is coming together. the halloween party was fire last night.

10 Likes

Nice setup! What sub do you have there?

2 Likes

What an awesome setup! I need to go to your house to chill.

1 Like

Please post a video of you mixing with the 08, 09, and 303. Great setup!

You need to partner with IKEA to design DJ booths. You have an outstanding setup!

1 Like

Thanks!

IKEA once did a cool video.

I bet they have forgotten about DJs ever since!

2 Likes

Looks like the KRK 12" to me - https://www.krkmusic.com/Powered-Subwoofer/12sHO

1 Like

Stick it on Instagram and tag Ikea and denondj

Who knows…you may get featured ah…

I can barely turn my Rokits 5 up @volumetrix …lucky you…sub and all

3 Likes

Thanks man! Krk 12sho. It definitely booms.

1 Like

My neighbors are super cool about the bass.

3 Likes

Super!!! Great job with the cables too.

1 Like

That Ikea Expedit/Kallax is way to low to be ergonomic, I’m under 5’9 and even with Capita 7cm legs it is barely enough.

Use the Capita legs if for nothing else you won’t be hitting the lower edge with your feet.

3 Likes

I put my 2x8 Kallax on three pairs of castors and that gives an extra height boost and is the perfect height for me.

2 Likes

Is it safe to attach legs/castors to the underside of the Expedit?

I was worried about the material (chipboard + honeycomb made of cardboard) to securely hold the weight.

I had a tabletop with legs attached to the underside that I put on top of the shelf, which worked great.

It seems to have held really well. I have had it set up for around 5 years now and fully loaded with vinyl. I did put two “L” shaped brackets in the top corners on the reverse. The castors was the official Kallax ones so fit perfectly and I went for three sets, one at each end and one in the middle.

I haven’t had an issue yet but I’m moving down south next year so time will tell!

1 Like

From what I understood, with castors you still get a slight wooble (even when locked)?

It definitely is too low for me. I may look into the legs.

I don’t have any wobble at all with the official Kallax castors with the break on them. I have so much vinyl weight on it that I haven’t had to put the break on. the height is perfect as they are similar to the legs.

Mine looks the same as this but with no draws and all vinyl:

4 Likes

Get Capita legs, attach them to the underside of a thick tabletop that you place on top of the Expedit. You will get an extra 5,625" of height + added depth.

1 Like

It seems that the official Kallax castors was discontinued early 2019.

I have just found some on eBay fetching over double what they was originally. Ouch!