Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

NoiseRiser, what a setup man! Could whack in another mixer in there and get a 8 way mix on the go lol

1 Like

This is about half of what I have left (and it sits on shelfs in my storage room). I gave away close to 700 7"s to a local radio station years ago (when they still used vinyl) and at least 400 12’s and albums to friends, DJ colleagues :-D. And I know a lot of (old skool) DJ’s that have an actual room with albums/12"s instead of books on all 4 walls. It was a labor of love (and deep pockets and crate digging).

1 Like

I love the age of the records, you can see the love that has gone into that collection.

2 Likes

No finished yet. Maybe i will add any controller like Xone K2 and a pad controller (Launchpad or Push2) and a FX station.

7 Likes

1 Like

Nice.

My next project is going to be a home gym / daddy’s hideout in the garden.

Is yours a Cabin?

You must be getting some serious use out of it in this current world climate

1 Like

Hi kradcliffe.

Nice setup, love the JVC amp - nice bit of retro there, what is the little computer above the mixer and what is it running?

Hold your breath colleagues. Change in progress… :innocent:

12 Likes

Waaaaah it’s already shipped?

Not yet, but rest assured, very hard work is being done to get these out there.

Just felt the need to give some positivity in these hard times.

It’s a beautiful piece of gear!!

But don’t underestimate the second in command “5000” still holding its own after 3 years.

1 Like

It looks amazing :pray: Cant wait to get mine :star_struck: how is it with the bigger screen?

A pleasure to work with. Older DJ’s might find it a welcomed feature.

:eyeglasses:

:smirk:

1 Like

I’m so old, I should get a pair of SC6000s for free :crazy_face:

2 Likes

45 on my end, but still no glasses needed. :nerd_face:

Looks cool in dim light environment. Does the jog make any noise or is it silent like the 5000?

It doesn’t really make a sound when set to lightest setting. You slightly feel the gears when touching it on top and spinning it very fast.

The clever part: Pitchbending with the ring even in the lightest setting responds heavier than on the 5000’s. Internal gears seem to respond to platter touch.

1 Like

That won’t help if they did not redesign the jog tension system that is based on two pieces of plastic rubbing against each other making two units impossible to match on the same setting.

But how is the feel of the jog, compared to the 5Ks?

Don’t know the internals, but I find it’s a real improvement against the 5000’s that I didn’t expected it to be.

Still a matter of taste. I don’t like the Pioneer platters which many find excellent…

What? Are you saying the platter is mechanically pressure sensitive on the 6000?