Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

my desk, i don’t know what I’m doing by the way.

just trying to teach myself to dj and it is going slow

1 Like

Finally got rid of the 2000NXS2s and got a new pedal. Now I just need to figure out a way to setup my Technics MK5s, and I’ll be content.

13 Likes

Neat setup! I thought about the Xone + effects for some time, too. I’m now considering buying it all in one box (DJM-V10).

How do you use the Technics? Traktor DVS?

That Bozure ISO-201 is on my list for a long time now…

Yeah, I’ve been tempted to get a V10 (LF) for a while now. But, I heard a few demos of it and the EQs are kinda’ muddy…especially in the mid-lows and lows. The X:96 sounds sooooo 'effin LUSH!! Especially with real vinyl. As for the Techs, I actually just play real vinyl on them. For 14 years I used Serato, but once I bought the Xone:PX5, and then subsequently the Xone:96 (neither of which are Serato ready) I pretty much ditched Serato for CDJs full time.

Yeah it’s SUPER clean, and totally worth the loot!!

very cool to see all your dj sets. i’m doing that since 20 years and have much respect for everyone doing this as hobby at home.

here is my pioneer set from 2018 till end 2020:

that is my actual Denon DJ PRIME 4 set:

front audio:

rear audio and lights:

and now i pray that i will get my X1850 & SC6000 set soon…

8 Likes

Nice setup! How long have you been using the head for? Do you always rest the headphones on it? I ask because I bought a sick scull for the same reason but when I put my headphones on it, I felt like it was extended more that I would want to see it for resting mode and it applies pressure on the foam basically all the time so I never used it for the headphones and just as audience now :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing your experience.

Thx

hi Shian, the glas head is an old head my dad owns in the 80s. it’s mine since 20 years i think. i just have it for decoration. the headphones on it are my old and first bought sony dj headphones i don’t use anymore. the headphones i use now lie beside the decks, because it is as you say. the glas head is not that big, but i think it will expand my dj headphones. i think it is good for old or maybe new hifi headphones.

1 Like

@jaydax Thanks!

Nice set up mate. But why not put the Isolator in front of the mixer? Happy mixing sir!

I know it’s not the traditional way of having an Isolator set up, but I tried it in front of the mixer initially, and I just didn’t like it. Then, since I was trying to save space on my desk, I decided to rotate the pots’ positions and make it vertical. I rather like it vertical and off to the side. Ironically, this is how the Isolator is set up on the Pioneer V10. People scoffed at it’s placement on that mixer, and I chuckled to myself that I would be very comfortable with it. Of course that digital Isolator on the V10 can’t compare to the Bozure ISO-201, but I just found that kinda’ comical.

This is my “instrument” currently. Ableton push 2, a pair of V10 mixers, and two Sc6000m units…

I guess the Sc6000M units are cropped out. Crap. I also have some midi controllers thrown in from NI. It goes between a 12x2 stereo mixer for ableton via USB & a combo of up to 4 Denon layers, a turntable and then 7 midi channels routed in.

5 Likes

Why spends so much money for two dj mixers when a Behringer Wing are so much better for live with ableton

1 Like

111 posts were merged into an existing topic: Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

Before i bought my Denons, wanted to know more it, so I searched and found this site and forum! Then I saw this thread and love it to see others kitchens, keeps me motivated in life somehow, just like music!

I want to share my kitchen also and the recently upgrade :slight_smile: Because I am new here can’t upload anything yet, I’ll have to be patient.

! The old setup vs new

11 Likes

Nice set. Love the EFX-500, reminds me on the good old days.

Here are some old booths of mine. Don’t judge me on them, I was young :smiley:

5 Likes

And Action :innocent: Sunday evening fever!

15 Likes

I’m not jealous, honest!!!

1 Like

Color me IMPRESSED!!!

1 Like

Updated pic with the new addition…LC6000

14 Likes