Serato DJ 1.9.10 brings support for the Prime Series

Thank you. So the audio outs on the sound card go into the inputs on the mixer do how is dual layer implemented in that case? Would you need the SL4 for all 4 deck layers?

The on-board, dual layer feature of the SC5000 isnā€™t activated when in controller mode (at least in its normal standalone functionality). One SC5000 however can address decks 1~4 of the Serato DJ ā€˜decksā€™ from one single player

Yup. Found that out yesterday when I was testing the decks with Serato. Strange though when I switched layers on the deck and went back to the initial layer the deck assignment went to deck 1 when it was initially deck 2. Otherwise pretty good implementation.

This is proving to be such an ache itā€™s untrue. On the occasions it does work, quantise doesnā€™t appear to work at all, but 9 timeā€™s out of 10 it just doesnā€™t all connect properly. Last try before a powered USB hub (should be OK in the iMac but got to try everything) then Iā€™m giving it all up and asking for my money back!!

Ok First Impressions - Very Disappointingā€¦basically a dumbed downed screen that completely bypasses the power of the MultiCore backbone of the SC5000 Unit. And they (Serato) had How Many Months to work on this? I also understand that the back end is closed out of the ability for any other 3rd parties to develop to, A typical for Denon DJ.

I donā€™t really know what the big deal is with giving us qwerty library search?

This is a must for every Mobile DJ and I would venture to say 90% of Serato DJā€™s User base.

Im back to a Huge SSD USB Drive with a unanalysed Database. What a waste of technology.

2 Likes

Hello Paul,

Can I use one SC5000 to control deck 1 & 2 of serato using the layer feature on the player?

Like Paul says: you can control 4 decks in Serato from 1 player. Itā€™s selectable on the touchscreen. Not with the layer button.