Sending Mic 1 output to wireless speaker? (Solved)

eriedj 20 Jan 2016 03:52

Every now and then, I will have a wedding or event when I need audio sent to a satellite speaker, including the output of my main microphone #1.

How I’ve done this in the past is with lavalier mic receiver plugged into the satellite speaker in the room and the belt pack transmitter plugged into the booth outpul of a traditional DJ mixer.

With the MC6000mk2, I find the only way it works in testing in my house is to plug the custom RCA cable from the belt pack into the RCA master out on the MC6000mk2. At an event this past weekend, the master output worked beautifully for the music, but I could not hear the microphone audio in the satellite speaker. I’ve seen to route it through booth output but I could not get the mic audio to come out of the booth speaker either, only the music from Deck 1 or 2. Mic 1 button is engaged. I can see the LED’s light up on the controller but no output audio of the microphone to the satellite speaker. I also pushed the ducking button when routing it through booth output and no mic audio output.

I am using Virtual DJ 8.1 w/ Windows 10. I don’t think it’s a software configuration but more hardware.

Can someone assist so I can feed the Mic 1 audio to a satellite speaker?

SlayForMoney 20 Jan 2016 13:26

From the MC6000mk2 manual, page 19:

Outputting MIC audio to external devices: You can output MIC audio together with the master audio from the booth output terminals. This function is handy when you do or do not want route the MIC sources through the BOOTH output. Press DUCKING while pressing SHIFT. • DUCKING flashes.

DJ_Boothe 20 Jan 2016 13:58

This is the “Post” mix function. It’s features in most Denon mixers and is very handy for multi room/zone setups

eriedj 20 Jan 2016 21:50

Thanks, everyone. I only pressed ducking and had omitted pressing shift and ducking together. By pressing them simultaneously, the mic audio came through.