Search refreshes a split second after hitting view to go back to

• Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…)

1.4 b2

• Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…)

Do a search. Wait a few minutes or play the track. Hit view to go back to search.

• Expected Result: (ex: It does X…)

The same search list as before.

• Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…)

For a split second it shows the search results list from before then it refreshes it and this takes time that’s unnecessary.

• Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.)

8 out of 10 times or so. Doesn’t happen if you hit view quickly.

• Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.)

• Operating System & Version (if applicable):

• Link to Video Repro:

1 Like

Really?

Honestly?

A split second?

I’m surprised that you’ve not given the timing to a few decimal places, since 0.000000000 is really important.

No, dude. It actually shows the ORIGINAL SEARCH for a split second when you later hit view again. I expect the original search to show up and show up immediately, which it actually very briefly does. So the search from the prior track loading is still in memory, but then the unit decides for some odd reason to re-run the search from scratch again, which takes substantially longer than a split second. The split second is just the inadequate time I have to utilize the original search prior to it refreshing, but it’s obviously too short to do anything with.

Bugged me also sometimes since you have to wait a few seconds to load another version of the same search. Logical would be a search runs only when input is changed. Or cleared when pressing the search icon or X. Switching view could just show the search already performed until changes are made

1 Like

If you keep the search up on both decks most of the time, you can actually watch it keep refreshing over and over again strangely. I saw it do this like 4 or 5 times during one pair of tracks playing out together. I had the idea maybe keeping it up on the screen would prevent it… the opposite happened.

1 Like

Yeah experiencing this too. It can become rather nerve-racking too during a gig. : /

1 Like