Screens freeze after running a couple hours

I’ve been testing my MCX8000 at home since I received 2 defective ones from an online retailer before I decided to return them and try from a retail store instead. After running for an hour or so, the screens will freeze but continue playing the song. The unit has the latest firmware but with this happening it definitely isn’t ready for the road. Is there a new firmware in the works or what is causing this? I’m running windows 10 with virtual dj which is mapped out very well with this controller.

1 Like

Haven’t used windows 8.1 in a long time. Searched around online and even spoke to denon tech support. I discovered if you turn the screen brightness down from 100% to 80% the problem is gone. The person I spoke to at Denon confirmed this also. Ran it at home on auto pilot for 10 hours with no freeze ups

I didn’t know it was widely reported. I have a friend who purchased the 8000 a few months ago and I asked him if he had the freeze problem and he said no but he thought the screen was bright and turned it down before he used it. A firmware update to correct this shouldn’t be too complicated.