Screen Burn/Ghosting

I’m finding that after playing on the unit for a while when changing to different menu’s I can see faint outlines of everything that is bright white on the main play screen ie; the icons on the left of the screen for the folders, the white lines in the centre of the waveforms, times and also track tags. This happens even on the lowest brightness.

Would it be possible to avoid this happening by either changing how bright the white is or even giving the option to have the colours change to the same as the deck platter like as the hardware buttons change colour. It does worry me that eventually the screen burn will stop fading over time and be stuck there permanently.

strange phenomenon … I don’t see this ghost effect on my screen

Did you ever resolve this issue? My Prime 4 is also exhibiting this issue.

Asking you the same now? My SC6000 started doing it now the playhead is permanently burned in. This is after having it off for 8+ hours.

@Vandetta - I had to submit a RMA under warranty and send in the unit to be repaired.

@plurbaron how long did that take despite the pandemic?

I actually just sent it in a week ago; it’s been at the repair center for about 4 days now.

I tried playing through some of the screen burn in as it really depended on the day on how bad it was. Sometimes it would be so bad I couldn’t read the BPMs and had to stop playing. I decided to send it in after the holidays.

@Simon17 @plurbaron

should i be concerned guys?, it’s happening after 2-3 hours, even if I’m mixing ( no still images for long periods), no hot weather, fans on the controller, even tried on medium brightness, the issue remains the same, it goes away after a while but I’m concerned that with time it will have a permanent screen burn in / shadowing damage… please check my pictures & advise

Uploading: 20220828_215308.jpg…

@gaby_abi_chahine I would keep an eye on it. If I remember mine started slowly got worse. If it is still under warranty maybe at least reach out to let them know.

My issue was fixed under warranty.

@gaby_abi_chahine Hey sorry to hear you are going through the same thing I was going through. I have a few questions… What country and name of seller are you dealing with? How long ago did you buy from them? Denon’s products do have a two-year warranty. If it is a known issue, sometimes they will make an exception and fix the unit for you. This is a known issue that is not the owner’s fault. FYI I am located in the United States. Here it is a law to have some type of warranty, not sure where you are.