SC6000's? What's the scoop?

Plenty of earlier Denon hardware is supported by VDJ. But the official announcement is regarding the Prime series, which is new.

I am referring to the Prime series. To be precise, I was using my Prime 4 with VDJ since June 2020. Atomix team had it running since March.

You’re right. I hooked-up the SC6000 to my computer with the BLUE usb cable, booted into “Computer Mode”, started Virtual DJ, and it detected the SC6000 immediately.

Everything seems to work perfectly!

Looks like a few Canadian suppliers now have stock. Redone has stock and there are some at Long and McQuade. Man I hope I get that phone call soon that mine are ready to be picked up!

This needs to come back. I asked support about it but no reply yet.

1 Like

is anyone having an issue with cue button with the 6000s i the button does not keep pace when being pressed the hot cue buttons do not sure if a fault but would welcome feedback.

Try with quantize switched off

1 Like

i did turn it off but its like if i press too quickly it cant keep up

Try adjusting the cue point so it’s absolutely on a beat. It may be set just a few dozen ms ahead of a beat

1 Like

And off to pick up my 6000’s tomorrow. So stoked!

2 Likes

Pics or gtfo. :-p

1 Like

6 Likes

Do you love them?

Very Very very likely

I’m blown away ever time I put my hands on them :slight_smile: The players updated without a problem. The jog wheels where a little tight when I got them but they have cleaned themselves up nicely and feel great now. They both act just as you would expect and are BEAUTIFUL to use. The 1850 is a tank! Havent figured out how to get the update into it yet but it is working beautifully. I am really digging the effects strip as much as I thought I would hate it.

A good friend of mine came over and checked it out this weekend. He is an old pioneer user for the last 15 years. He was blown away and on his way home he drove to the next city and picked up a Prime 4 lol. Hasn’t left his bedroom since. I think he is practicing?

5 Likes

looks like he does ha

Damn they’re pretty

1 Like

That setup looks great for sure.

Just thought of an idea while looking at this pic but don’t care enough about it to open a thread so if someone wants to run with it, feel free to…

X1800/X1850

FX light --Have a default color selected that can’t be one of your layer colours from the decks. with that in mind, The FX light should represent your channel CUE light(which is also your deck’s layer color light). If you have the FX set to master or mic, etc. then it should light up to the default color (which is not one of your deck layer colors).

This would help in the dark to know what CH you have your selector in (I know it’s on the screen of the mixer too :slight_smile: )

I would imagine this would be an option you could utilize or just go with one color like you can now.

This is my setup with 3 x SC6000 and X1850

10 Likes

It looks dope with three. I already find myself wishing I had full screen access/control over the second layer. Dual-layers are a cool concept, but I would rather have the separate control. Eventually, I will probably get three. I’m holding out to see what that “LBL leaked shiny” ends up being first.