SC6000s randomly rebooting mid set

It’s not that simple.

Also from a software point of view, it’s incredibly annoying and time-consuming adding localisations, many, many companies rely just on standard accepted English characters and only add support for additional ones if absolutely necessary.

1 Like

Depends on encoding amongst other things. For some localisations, you have to switch the encoding, or sometimes even the font to get them to show up. Supporting special chars is a pain in the ass.

Just yesterday I was dealing with an issue where the British pound symbol “£” would not show on a PDF generated using the wkhtmltopdf program on the test server, yet worked fine on my local machine. Turns out spawning a new system process was overwriting the utf-8 encoding we’d specified in the html version of the PDF file. Took 3 devs 6 hours to figure this one out, and we still don’t know why it worked locally but not on the server (my current theory is it was a threading issue where encoding context wasn’t preserved on different threads)!

1 Like

This may be true but there are a hell of a lot of tunes that have them, therefore Denon should make the effort to fix this annoying problem. I was the one mentioned above who had the issue with a Beatport download. Still unable to find a solution to change the information to standard characters as they seem to be imbedded in the file. Even when I change the characters, the same problem occurs. So, money wasted.

1 Like

Is “Beyoncé” affected as well :sweat_smile:

Searching for her is always frustrating! Search results draw a blank (or at least did?).

It’s embedded in the ID3 tag in the file. ID3 is something you can edit. From the sounds of it, it seems like you were simply renaming the file?

How do I do that, mate?

Any freeware id3 tag editor should do it. I don’t have a specific recommendation so just Google “id3 tag editor” and there should be plenty of options.

Thanks, I will.

Mp3tag is one of the best but now he’s created the Mac version, it is paid for: Mp3tag - Download

Kid3 is powerful on Mac and you can even see the cue points that sit inside your tracks as data: https://kid3.kde.org

As soon as someone does something with RekordBuddy then that will be great but it’s been open sourced a year and it seems to have died. Shame.

If you are on Mac then Kid3 is my recommendation.

Solution: So I’ve found for my case the issues weren’t anything to do with MP3 ID3 data or album art after venturing down that route. The issue for me has been with the Engine Prime Mac Softwares built in import function. For some reason when importing a trial playlist of 100 tracks almost every time I would have about 10 tracks that despite the base MP3 working fine in other DJ software and file folder (finder) will just bug out and glitch the software completely resulting in a full force quit of the software and restart.

If I however utilise drag and drop of playlists rather than using the built in import playlist feature I have no errors whatsoever. I tested a 500 track playlist without a single issue in either engine prime or on the SC6000. I’ve sent the crash reports for both the players and the software to denon with this explanation so hopefully they’ll get to work solving this.

I’ve reimported my entire music library again now and haven’t had any issues thus far so hopefully the problems solved for myself. I’m going to go through my entire collection though testing all the tracks just for peace of mind for going back to gigs and any further internal corruptions I come across I’ll report to denon.

Just wanted to also say a huge thanks to everyone on this thread. As a complete newbie to Denon and library transfers there’s been some very helpful suggestions all of which have helped me get to this point I believe of mitigating the issue.

2 Likes

Fantastic that you seem to have found the source of the problem.

Hopefully Denon DJ will be able to work out what is going on from this and make adjustments in the code. It seems it could be a strange quirk that you’ve found and the testing you’ve done proved how hard you worked to sort it. Nice!

@Sunsetsideburns

@mufasa just posted this in another thread. It looks a tagger to help the DJ so maybe give it a blast? One Tagger - free open source cross-platform music tagger for DJs