SC6000M Firmware Update Error

I just received my SC6000M today, currently it’s running 1.4.1 Firmware. I’m trying to update to 1.6.0 from my Windows machine. I didn’t see specific hardware drivers for the SC6000M like there are for the X1850 Mixer so I went ahead and installed Engine Prime 1.6.0 and assumed the player would sync with it correctly after the fact.

So I start up engine prime, switch the SC6000M to computer mode and I see four or five drivers install correctly except for “SC6000M PRIME no driver found”. I could still interact with the player, transfer music and playlists, etc… They all show up on the sc6000M after the fact in normal operational mode.

I told this story so I could tell this one:

But when I switch it over to Firmware update mode and start the updater software all I get is the utterly useless message “Update Error. There was an error updating your device.” I included info about the other driver error with Engine Prime because I’m ignorant if they might be interrelated but I’m at a stand still where to go after “there was an error.”

Hello @Mommar Welcome to the forum.

Can You share some screenshots of the updater when You are up having the deck plugged in and first page of the updater ahows up?

Are you running a mac or windows?

If windows, You might want to run the updater software as Administrator.

Thanks for reminding me, I neglected to mention I did try running in Administrator mode too. Unfortunately new users can’t upload images. I can only describe what it looks like to you.

From the Splash page with the “Update SC6000M Prime” button I click it. It changes to an image of the usb being plugged in and explains going into the firmware to rest the player back into update mode. Once it’s in update mode I click the “Update SC6000M Prime” and a Pop up with a giant red Exclamation point in a triangle pop up with a Message: “Update Error There was an error updating your device”

I tried running it from a command prompt to see if any extra debug info might get dumped to the console but I’m getting nothing there either. This is extremely frustrating.

Edit: looks like I can post images now. So here it is. Not much to look at.

Have you tried to update it using a USB stick?

\ / \ / \ /

How to Update

Ok, I see… there is a small chance (but there still is), that Your download was corrupted. Did You tried to re-download the file maybe? Also You can try to update via usb Stick.

Thank you to both Double_A and NoiseRiser for suggesting a work around to my problem. Installing from an SD card worked. The player is updated now.

I guess I had better dig through the Engine Prime section now and figure out why I got that “SC6000M PRIME no driver found" message. That might be affecting updating from the PC.

1 Like

Glad that You have it solved and running. Happy mixing!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.