SC6000: How to play files stored on other SC6000 (Internal Disk or Hosted USB Drive) within the same network & file management questions

Hi guys,

I was wondering the following 3 things (and I think that many of us are wondering to learn the same)

1. How can i access and play files stored on other SC6000 (Internal Disk or Hosted USB Drive) within the same network?

2. How can I access the disk drive (installed in the SC6000) in order to manage (Add/or remove) the files stored in?

3. Is it possible to store in the SC6000 device tracks downloaded from streaming services and play them offline? Eg download from tidal at home into the internal disk and play them on events without internet connection.

Your help will be highly appreciated

Best, Angel

1. You can’t.

2. Plug the SC6000 into a computer.

3. Tracks themselves are not stored (bar the currently loaded one which is cached in memory) but the analysis information, including cues and loops is stored on a database on connected storage media.

I am very surprised for a device with such a rich feature set to don’t allow the broadcasting of media files stored in another device within the network. I was assuming that this is the primary purpose of having ethernet connected players. I hope this is something that must be implemented in this flagship product.

I find it quite annoying to have to carry (and manage) duplicate removable media in order to overcome this limitation.

Does anyone has in his knowledge if this is something that exists in Denon’s R&D pipeline for SC6000?

Thank you

3 Likes

You really should start by reading the manual. This covers how to access files stored on one unit from another, as well as the other basic stuff you’ve been asking.

2 Likes

Have you owned high end DJ media players before? If so you should know the concept of linking and linked players. The SC6000 can do this as well.

Yes it is annoying that I can’t access music stored on a network drive for example but I think there is a feature request open for that. Search in the feature requests section and if there isn’t one then you could always create it.

Oh and yeah, as above you should really read the manual.

The drive on the other player 1 will show up on player 2 or vice versa.

I haven’t tried on Ethernet/LAN network but I’ve used via X1800 or by connecting the players to themselves via Ethernet

I will test it out over the weekend. I have CAT6 wiring in the house. So I will set up the players at two different Ethernet points and see what happens

But on paper it should work.

3 Likes

mufasa, when are they going to hire you full time as Denon support? You are singlehandedly the most helpful, courteous user on this forum.

2 Likes

Courtesy is overrated.

Personally I believe everyone would be better off if the general public were more blunt and called it as it is… Much less dancing around the subject to be had…

I also think everyone would be better off if they didn’t hide their language and spoke what they thought instead.

I think you can have both. People able to speak their minds. (I’m no Denon fanboy, there’s major shortcomings) and also have people who aim to help others when there’s very little official Denon support on the forums. I’ve been on this forum for years and no one has been more helpful and positive than mufasa. While I’ve always done my own research and “packed my own parachute” with regards to the shortcomings of the Denon infrastructure, there’s younger generations who just don’t relate to the RTFM idiom. I have mad respect for somebody who shares their knowledge to help others. I’d definitely buy that guy a beer.

2 Likes

Yeah i would plus one this.

1 Like

Corona extra yassss

@AngelDee

So I tested it out. The players can read drives across a wired network

I have both units connected to different CAT6 points in the house and to my surprise it’s near instantaneous even compared to connecting them directly to each other or through the X1800

Maybe it’s the gigabit switch in my home network that makes it faster.

Just to clarify, one player has the drive, second one no drive

This is not a NAS

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @mufasa this was highly appreciated. Have fun bro!

is it now possible to access Engine Prime running on a WHS2011 machine in the same network?

No that’s not possible.

Do these Denon units do not support the link feature that Pioneer do at the moment? Here you import your music into the library management software which is then accessed over the network. This is really what I’m after, also the Denon software is just too slow accessing my mounted network mount so I’ll need to create another local drive just to copy the library over the internal drive.

Quick question, I saw a tech spec for the SC6000 that showed the Ethernet port to be 10/100. Can anyone confirm this? That couldn’t have been accurate.

Don’t know where you’ve read it, but it’s gigabit. The SC5000 is also.

Thanks, I read it on the tech specs on the first day of release but it was soon changed to just “Ethernet”. Thought it had to be a typo or something.

Do we know if Denon plan to use it to access music over a network?

I’m sure they will, eventually.

That reminds me…

1 Like