SC5000M Freezing 2.0 OS Update

After updating to Engine 2.0 one of my SC5000M freezes when it sleeps. I have to unplug it then turn it back on. If I don’t use it for 10 minutes it freezes, no touch screen nothing works. ■■■ anyone else having this problem and is there a FIX !!!

Hi again, I used both SC5000M’a with Serato 2.5.7 and didn’t have any freezing nor stuttering issues. Left the players sit for 10-20 minutes cam back and everything worked as it should. Now I’m convinced that this is a software “Error” with version Engine 2.0 and higher. Please be advised !!!

1 Like

Did You tried hitting cue button for wake up?

Hi “NoiseRiser” Yes I tried everything but nothing works. None of the buttons work :frowning

That is a strange issue. Have you tried install 2.0 again?

Hi Lukas-We Yes I reinstalled the OS 2x and even went back to 1.6.2. All is well with 1.6.2 but not with 2.0 weird…

Try to download the updater for Your player with 2.0 again. Maybe there was a small error in the update download…?

I’ll keep trying and get back. Thanks :+1:

The update from the player itself should now work too.

So I just updated it from he player via Web. I’ll give it a try and wait about 10 minutes without playing anything and see if it still frezes. Thanks for your support and help. Hope this is all I needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mine has been on for at least 1/2 hr on idle so far it still works. I’ll give it another 10 min and look again.

1 Like

So reinstalled the 2.0 update again via Web and its been sitting for about an hour. “Good News” as of now it works fine. Lets see in the real world if any freezing or stuttering while playing my sets tonight. PCT. Tanks all for chiming in and I’ll get back with my results.

1 Like

I had the same mine freezes on shutdown

I tried this again last night and after playing for about an hour tending nothing for about 10 minutes the one player FROZE again. This is unacceptable. Hope Denon Fixes the Bug in this OS with an update/patch

Hi All,

Still the freezing after non play for about 15 minutes and I also noticed that the players auto-reboot as well. This never happened in Version 1.6. I may need go back to 1.6 on both. I would like to add that I tried updating via USB, Web and Mac/PC…

ANY IDEAS what this could be ?

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t know what to recommend to prevent the players fro freezing with the update, but resetting the player (power off then on again) has worked for me.

To confirm, I have had this occur to one of my players consistently since the update, including the 2.0.1 update. Only one SC5000 player is affected, it freezes after only a couple minutes of use, whether I’m playing from Tidal or from my USB flash drive. During a 3 hour set, I probably have to reset that player 2 or 3 times! This did not occur with the previous firmware. Occasionally, perhaps maybe 1 out of 3 gigs or so, it might occur once, but now it is every time I use my players, practicing at home or live at an event.

I am staying with the 2.0.1 firmware, as it does have other things I like better and since resetting the player has worked. But this should not be occurring at all! It is pretty anxiety inducing during an event to have to worry about when the player is going to freeze. This kind of unpredictable behavior should be addressed immediately by Denon.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. So I’m not the only one that this has happened too. I like the new features well and as you mentioned I also have been resetting my players over and over when they freeze by holding the power button until it reboots, then I’ll power-off again to make sure it doesn’t do it again :frowning: (fingers-crossed). This is a strange behavior and with the 1.6 Engine OS there’s no lighting and now that this has been fixed, the freezing issues have now started.

YES, Denon should address this immediately due to whatever change they made in the software update and I pretty sure this will start to become a “bug” here and there with other users as well in the future.

1 Like

Yes, my hope is that as more people use the Prime series players that they will register bugs so they can be addressed sooner.

I’ve used these SC5000s for about 3 years now, and will admit have not actively reported bugs in the past. Out of practice with my former Pioneer CDJs’ bugs, I just worked with what I had just to get on and hope for future improvements. Denon has been good at improving these players functions from users’ requests and fixing bugs, though it has taken some time. I’m making an effort now not to be complacent, especially about what I consider a major performance bug like freezing!

1 Like

I totally agree. Thanks

Hi again, I used both SC5000M’a with Seato and didn’t have any freezing nor stuttering issues. Left the players sit for 10-20 minutes cam back and everything worked as it should. Now I’m convinced that this is a software “Error” with version Engine 2.0 and higher. Please be advised !!!

1 Like