SC5000 rebooting itself

mines are doing the same thing really annoying,have had to send my two sc5000’s back to denon got to replacements of which two were faulty one same issue as above and the other had a blank screen on boot up so that’s 4 units faulty driving me nuts as I love the denon gear.

here are my product serial numbers PRODUCT SERIAL: A11703213903576 REGISTERED: 06/18/2017 PRODUCT SERIAL: A11703213903533 REGISTERED: 06/18/2017

Where in the world are you based @djpaul - which service center did you return your unit(s) to?

I’m in Edinburgh Scotland,sc5000’s returned to my supplier dj tech who told me they have no more sc5000’s and it will take at least 3 weeks to get repaired probably more as it’s xmas and new year and I have about 15 gigs to get through nightmare.

I have experienced a very similar problem. In the middle of the set one of my SC5000s just stops playing and reboots. This has happened only two times so far. But I guess it could happen any time again. Any advice from Denon what to do in this situation? I could not reproduce this behavior so far.

Happens to me to from time to time, do 't know why, cant reproduce it ether. Luckally it reboot fast enough to give a sound engineer a look like i dont know either and systeem is rebooted but still pretty not so swell.

Been dealing with similar issues with my players since I originally purchased… will be messaging you directly with serial numbers in hopes you can assist where I have otherwise just ran into brick walls

You seem to have far too many issues for normal.

I would be looking beyond the manufacture now. I would be looking at common connectivity.

I got through several mixers a few years ago, all brands a couple of numarks, a citronic, a Stanton VM10 (utter crap), pioneer CM, a denon 1500.

The cueing circuit went on one, several others just failed, two wouldn’t play vinyl if I had to turn the channel gains up, but would play loud vinyl quietly, another numark mixer just died and wouldn’t switch back on. I got through all these mixers in 3 years.

I evenruly started getting increasingly bad electric shocks when touching the cinch sockets and xlr sockets. It turned out that my amplifier for my passive speakers was sending raw full power voltage back down the audio leads into the master out leads between the mixer to amp. So that’s raw mains voltage coming Out of IN sockets on the amp. But it only did it when the amp had been working hard for a long time. So when I plugged everything in at home for a quick test, nothing seemed wrong.

I’d see if your probs we’re showing when you were at all locations or just those with certain electrics or certain other things. Seems too much going bad for you to be simple coincidence or faulty mixer and decks

I had an electrician Come and Check my electrical outlets to ensure I was up to Code on everything prior to Installation as my plans out the gate was to set my living room up to rival most night clubs , & it is very close… my numerous issues didn’t all happen at once… they are simply issues that I’ve noticed since my original purchase in June of 2019 and I’m adding to threads as I’ve just now resorted to forums as I’ve never liked any forums on any product in the past… just don’t enjoy the way communication happens with in them… never have. But apparently this is denons preferred method of distributing information and I’m just now learning this… so here I am

Also My DDJ-1000 , CDJs , Or My Technics / Rane 2015 mixer have no issues. :man_shrugging:

That doesn’t bode well honestly. Almost like you’ve already decided

Not at all , Just saying that I am new to the forums after a year of owners because I have never enjoyed communication via forums