SC5000 Jog wheel touch issues

One of my units developed a strange behavior, it does not “sense” my hand sometimes. Usually happens when the unit was on over an hour. Anyone had similar? It looks like a HW issue for me, I try to reproduce on 1.5.x - so far I was on 1.4.x as with 1.5.x I have random restarts.

Pretty annoying, I had these players from September, so no real reason to break. They have been used in my “studio” so not even close to what they would get in a club.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot in advance!

Are the plastic film circles off of the platters?

Make sure nothing is resting on the platters when the power is switched on - headphones, mobile phone, hands etc

Check hood Earth coming from wall sockets and extention cables

Hm, good points thanks, but honestly they are on the same spot with the same cabling from the beginning at it worked for a couple of months. okay with 1.4.x because on 1.5.x it always restarts.

Change power cable between units to see if the issue follows the cable. Then change the extension cord and then change the power outlet in the wall. Make sure all connections have a good ground connection, no oxidation (darker than bronze), bent or barely touching.

Yeah, see where you head with it, but I hope these devices are using a proper coil with galvanic separation, so in theory it shall not matter. But I will test thanks.

“Are the plastic film circles off of the platters?” You mean that packaging thingy? I tear them off always as I unpack :smiley: But I see what you mean, this cloud mean issues for sure.