SC5000 High End Roll-off

Heavie has a point you know…it’s still not possible to link Engine Prime with the players, no rating tracks on the players or adding controllers for first/second layer control (all features that competition has (or Denon had) a long time ago). By putting such hard to hear problems in the que for firmware updates you inevitably prolong the time needed for other updates. Heavie just wanted to say that this costed us users and we won’t know how much.

1 Like

Exactly. Nice to see someone else, is able to understand past the praise.

Speaking of praise. It’s time to sugarcoat. I love you Denon and every product you released. Keep up the good work. Much love.

That should keep me from being called out, by the troll-cops aka reach-of-rounders.

1 Like

I want to address the general tone of the last few comments.

This forum is a place for people to express their opinions and concerns and to be heard. However, there is an expectation that if you disagree with someone, that you are able to do it in a respectful manner.

Therefore mods will be removing posts with insults, disrespect and unhelpful heckling from the peanut gallery from this point forward. If you want to disagree with someone, please find a respectful way to do it.

We’re all in this together, folks.

Vince

9 Likes

Yes Heavie has a point, but the statement was short and therefore “troll-like”. Second post was the one that explained it and made it really valid. Like a newspaper teaser.

To be a troll myself: the features and requests mentioned by you are of no importance for me. Everyone here can state that his $/€ investment is not what he/she thought it would be. There will always be missing features or fixes, certainly compared to years and years of development by the competition.

However, base features should have already been spot-on and that’s something to shout at to DenonDJ.

2 Likes

As someone who does not own these players is anyone familiar with the general release timeline of an update? Or is there no schedule and the changes just come as they are needed? I tried to find a history of releases but couldn’t track anything down.

Thanks!

+1

from me too

1 Like

with al due respect @reese you make it sound that this is the first DJ mediaplayer Denon ever produced and the first DJ software ever produced by Denon.

Denon was (one of) the first brands with a DJ mediaplayer and thus have as much exprience as another brand. Sometimes it is even easier to copy something then coming up with a new thing.

I love the SC5k’s but there are many things that I feel should have been available as of day 1 and others added in the first updates.

To stay on topic: this high end roll off should not been there and fixed before putting a high end professional player on the market. But glad it will be fixed in the next update although I would liek to see other things added first.

2 Likes

Was not my intention, but DenonDJ is definitely not the same as Denon before. All the pre-SC’s failed to nail the CDJ’s again and again.

They might be able to have access to schematics, software and design within InMusic, but this is a new product line with new software and a new group of people. People with lots of experience, I’m sure, but given a complex mission to be a Pioneer competitor once again; starting from zero was the way to go.

The momentum came with the Akai MPC screen. A sales-rep stated that the ideas and goals of a new media player where there, but it needed a good touchscreen with the right software control.

1 Like

I’ll be picking up my sc5k’s and x1800 tomorrow from the post office, I’ve been keeping up on this post and will compare it to my kontrol S8. I tried out the Prime units at guitar center and didn’t really notice anything, however that was in a noisy store lol. Can’t wait for the future updates, as I hope the high end roll off fix won’t be the only thing coming!

Hi Abraxo,

Did the same thing… Traktor S8 before and switched to Prime (x1800 en 2xSC5000m). Could not be more pleased …

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do :slight_smile:

(At least Denon communicates with their customers… NI on the other hand…)

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.