SC5000 froze in the middle of playing and now won't boot

In the middle of DJing the other night one of my SC5000s froze up. It would not shut down until I pulled the power cable and when I try to turn it on now it gets stuck at the boot screen. The unit is running the latest firmware, 1.5.2. I had used the unit for maybe a dozen hours in all before this happened.

Is there a hardware reset I can try?

I’ve contacted support but it’s been almost a week and I haven’t heard back from them.

1 Like

You can try to ‘force’ new firmware. download the USB Method firmware, uncompress it and put the .img file on the root of a usb stick, plug it on the turned down unit; Press and hold eject and power up - it will proceed with ‘force’ update. If it fails too, you may have a defective unit

1 Like

To my knowledge the right combination for a SC5000 is: SOURCE + EJECT + LAYER > Power ON

1 Like

You may be right, sorry!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the info @Reese and @rcatelli.

No joy with those, but I was able to get a technician on the phone who was super helpful, helped me establish that my unit was defective and got an authorized return started.

1 Like

Can there be a sticky or opt out bookmark thread on how to do this on all the units.

I checked the FAQ on DenonDJ.com

This info is not available

:clap:t5:

2 Likes

I’ve build my own FAQ list, but it’s a good idea!

@JWiLL?

2 Likes

Care to share your FAQ? Would probably help out all kinds of people.

2 Likes

True but I need to filter some faqs :sunglasses: