SC5000 - Front USB eject failed?

Hello!

I have been experiencing an issue with a very recently bought SC5000. On certain occasions, not sure what the pattern is quite yet, when I try to eject my USB 2.0 drive from the front port, I receive a ‘RICH Front USB eject failed’ error message. This message pops up after the player shows the usb eject loading screen for 10 ish seconds. I have to repeat the process a couple times before the USB actually ejects or I have to force eject.

Has anyone else ran into this issue before? I am on firmware 1.2.2. I am still under the 30 day exchange period and wanted to see if this was an issue worth exchanging the player for. Thanks!

Best to try another brand of usb drive stick.

Some sticks are unbranded or clones, others have junkware on them that confuses eject processes

Thank you for the reply! Any specific sticks you recommend?

I was using a kingston 16gb; perhaps it was a clone?

Hi!

Ya, I’d say at least try a second drive. This entry from the FAQ can help you find something compatible:

What types of media should I use?

When choosing a portable USB drive or SD card for your system, we recommend using drives from reputable media brands whenever possible. SD cards must be Class 6 (c6) or faster. USB drives should have similar performance specs (at least 20MB/s read / 6 MB/s write speed). The faster the media, the faster tracks can load. Slower drives may result in lags when navigating through the collection and longer load times.

For a helpful comparison between all of the popular drives on the market, and a free test to check the stability of your own drive, check out the site: UserBenchmark.com. This will allow you to sort drives by several different parameters like capacity, price, read speed, write speed, etc. Keep in mind that better Peak Read MB/s ratings will be more important for efficient media playback, like playing music through the SC5000. This becomes even more important when a single drive is used to access songs for multiple layers or SC500 players simultaneously.

Great! I have a sd-card thats class 8. I will try that one out!

Would it be worth it to re-format the sandisk 16gb (not the kingston, mixed up my USB sticks!) that has been giving me the eject fail issue? Or will that not really do much of anything.

The read/write speeds for the sandisk seems like it fits the specifications. Would I need a higher speed in order to not encounter the eject issue? Thank you for the help!

I have the same problem too sometime

Hello, I do not think it comes from the usb key. This is a well-known problem, by all users, I have a Sandisk SD card of class 10 and it still does it to me from time to time, as well as with my hard disk 3.0 of 500GB. It will be that with the next update it will improve. If not my solution, after the failure I end my deck and remove my player. To you to see, Musically Dan

That is surprising that it is well known, considering when I contacted Denon DJ tech support, they had never heard of this problem being reported! I also didn’t see any other threads on the forum, hence my post :slight_smile:

Thank you for the messages!

The other forum is that of Denon DJ on facebook and there is a user who had the same problem and other who confirmed the dysfunction including me.