Sc5000 freezing and shutting down

Ok so it won’t be that then, in his case

hi guys. Had freeze and crash issues, sent back the unit , they told me it was a motherboard issue.

1 Like

Hello, i also had issues of crashing but only on firmware 1.52 but never freeze. People who had crashing/restart players i suggest to use Firmware 1.4.1 never had problems with that. The new Firmware 1.60 just released i will give it a try if it works without problems. Most crashes happens when the Processor of the player is stressed with analysing files/browsing and so on. So its better to work with analyzed files on that 1.50 firmware that will avoid the crashing also. I hope i could help a few people…

In Ireland (EU) we have a consumer protection process

Paraphrasing - If a fault was repaired twice and occurs again, you can ask for a refund and this is covered up to 6 years (i think) irrespective of what the warranty says. This is through the retailer and not the company! So like others have mentioned, you should be picking up this issue with the shop you bought from!

I have had to use it once for a samsung phone i bought from vodafone here.

They gave me the full value in cheque

They tried to play hard ball with me, but i did a small claims process through the courts. 20euros cost and they contacted me to sort it.

I believe there is an EU equivalent of this process as well.

1 Like

that’s what I had in mind too, defective pcb or maybe haircuts on a platine.

I’m from South Africa. My sc5000M won’t boot up pass the start up screen. Looking for a solution. I turned the unit on after it was powered down for almost a month. Firmware was up to date.