Sc5000 eol?

When I was about to buy primes I waited and waited for a sc6000 to come onto demo in any nearby store. I drive for over 90 minutes each ways to get to a store with one on demo and it was next to the 5000.

Other than the screen size and a few buttons or keys moved slightly there was no visible difference. I know that from the specifics there was a hard drive container hiding underneath but my way of working updated tunes and playlists for the last 10 or more years has been to take the hard drives inside with me while the DJ gear stays in the lock up so internal hard drive container wasn’t something for me. Also I know that the heavier a flightcase is , the less delicate it can be carried so putting fragile hard drives or ssd drives in gear in heavy cases didn’t seem all that great an idea.

That’s the points that led me to opt for my two SC5000 instead of the 6000.

Great… now the player is so cheap that it’s sell in second hand less than a CDJ 2000 fist generation from 2009…

At least with pioneer I don’t lost my money to buy the new generation of CDJ

That really doesn’t have any bearing on choice

I’m gonna take a guess at the eol.

There are new products coming out obviously and the technical question arises. My sc5000m was eol about a year and a half after release and now supposedly the 5000 is eol.

I wonder if the new gear like a supposed second layer controller will work with eol 5000/M gear?

The platter would be the same size as the SC6000 - would look a bit odd next to a 5000, I would think. I cant comment on whether it would actually work with 5000’s or not - only Denon can confirm that, if indeed this product is actually genuine.

Has Denon officially said that the SC5000 is end of sale? As it is still listed on the homepage!

Im trying to get a pair here in Germany but apart from b-ware units that are more expensive than the ones they sold new 3-4 months ago there is nothing on the market :frowning:

You’ll have to pay import duties, but they are currently $933 new and $659 b stock here in the states.

I’ve thought about that option aswell, but guitar center for example doesn’t deliver to germany. And together with shipping costs and import duties the price will be almost the same as the “overpriced” ones here.

1 Like

I’d keep an eye on ebay Kleinanzeigen. As soon as the 6000s will be widely available, there will probably be more used 5000s.

1 Like

Thats what I’m hoping for aswell actually!

I’m watching ebay/kleinanzeigen almost every day.

Theres one listed, but I don’t want to drive ~800km for a set as I don’t really trust shipping on that platform :smiley:

Check also Marktplaats.nl I can help with shipping to Germany if You need.

1 Like

The unit you’re referring to (in Berlin) is from a user called Frank Hahn. If the name is real, it’s a trustworthy source. He used to be a sales manager / brand representative for Denon DJ :slight_smile:

Maybe worth shooting him a message.

1 Like

Thats a great information, thx!!

1 Like

Quite a few places in the UK selling them for £699 as b-stock/used. The X1800 can be had for £599 too at whybuynew and bopdj.

I’m not sure what the import charges would be since our country had a total brain fart and decided to leave the EU. Sorry about that, I never wanted it too but hey-ho,. Here we are a few months later getting rinsed in cross-border charges and fees. Ouch.

2 Likes

Hi,

Lol Store DJ here in Australia are selling SC5000M’s @ $2,399(AUD) each! That’s around $450(AUD) more expensive than when I purchased mine back in March 2019 @ $1,950(AUD) each!

Also store DJ is selling SC6000M’s for only $2,799(AUD) each so works out only $400 difference.

Doesn’t really sound like EOL for SC5000M’s?