SC5000 Autoloop in function [Video]

::: Note to all - I will not recommend anyone doing as I did, because going back to older firmware may have an effect on DB-issues, as Denon made some serious changes to their DB with the 1.2 release, and this SC5000 firmware is from before 1.2 - this video is only ment as a information to Denon because it seems like they dont get what we actually meen. I take NO responsability if others try this :::

@JWiLL So I finally took the time to find the old version where Autoloop works. Take a look at it :slightly_smiling_face: This is what some of us is asking for!

7 Likes

Hi @Engell,

Thanks for digging into this!

I do recall now that the behavior was changed to allow for a hot cue trigger to exit the loop.

We plan to bring this feature back in a future update but with more flexibility & options for loops.

1 Like

Ok, well one just press the same loop button to exit the loop, but you already know this :slightly_smiling_face: Just wanted to show that it wasnt my memory that was wrong in this case. :joy:

Wish I could give more “likes” - because - that is how loops have to work :slight_smile:

I love it !!! - I want it!!! - also for Prime4

1 Like

Yes, this is how they should work. And also hot cue would be able to switch the loop off when in loop and hot cue is triggered. Also it would be great if in SLIP mode the hot cues would act momentarily and after You release the hot cue button, the player should go back to the loop.

1 Like

Great video. Thanks. In my opinion a complex way to create An auto loop. Every time you want to use the auto loop you need to “activatie” it first. For fast mixing dj’s it’s too much work.

Ik think it’s easier to have An option to create a “dedicated” auto-loop.

Like rekordbox. I think this the best way for most dj’s.

But also it would be great to change at will any loop to auto loop and vice versa, on the hardware. I propose a workflow like this:

To activate loop mode on pads normally You use Loop button above the pads. When You would be in the normal loop mode, then hold down the LOOP button and hit a pad to change it active or not active - fast, simple, intuitive.

1 Like

That sounds like a simple solution. Like your Idea.

Most Times you use the same auto loop. So, it would be a solution if the auto loop is stored.

Result, if you load a track the auto loop is also active.

This would be more of a personal setting (auto loop on or off on load - check box in players preferences)

Like that @noiseriser Where can I sign in :smiley:

https://community.enginedj.com/t/ability-to-set-a-loop-as-an-active-loop/13626

Here

1 Like

I was allready signed in :crazy_face:

1 Like