Hi everyone - I’m super happy to let you know the v1.2 SC5000 firmware and joint Engine Prime software update has arrived and is now available for download. Features and improvements include:
- Import NI Traktor playlists, songs, loops & cue points
- Instant Double tracks between/within players
- Enhanced BPM analysis range & downbeat detection
- Increased Playlist management options
- Larger Drives/Collections across network
- Immediate Track Cue/Play on analyze
Download here Win/Mac: http://denondj.com/sc5000prime - where you’ll also find the link to the Engine Prime download page
Here’s Jason from the Product Team running through an overview of new features and enhanced workflow features.
Engine Prime / SC5000 1.2.0 Release Notes Important information for upgrading users:
Engine Prime 1.2 is compatible with all versions of Denon SC5000 Prime players. Engine Prime 1.2 is not backwards compatible with Engine Prime 1.0. Switching back to 1.0 may cause undesired behavior and loss of collection integrity. We recommend making a backup copy of the Music/Engine Library folder as an extra safety precaution before upgrading.
In order to add new features to the Prime products, Engine Prime needs to upgrade the music databases on all drives. This is done automatically when any drive is connected to Engine Prime or a SC5000. Because this may take some time, we recommend that you upgrade your drives in Engine Prime by connecting them to your computer when Engine Prime is open.
SC5000 1.2.0: New Features:
- Ability to Instant double tracks between/within players added. Press and hold sync or double press the Browse knob when in player view to instant double.
- If a song is loaded on more than one deck, creating hot cues and saved loops will now appear on all other decks.
- Loops and Cues can now be placed before analysis is complete.
- Saved loops now trigger in beat when quantize is on.
- Pressing loop out when no loop in point is active will create a loop from the cue point.
- Turning Sync off doesn’t require holding Shift (Settable in User Preferences).
- Hot Cues outside of an active loop will now de-activate loop when triggered.
- “On Air Mode” can now be disabled in user preferences.
- FLAC and Ogg files now show album artwork. All tracks already in collection must have album artwork added by selecting “Re-import track information” in Engine Prime.
- Search: Using spaces now allows to search text within multiple fields at once.
- Added playlist folder support, including playlist folders imported from Rekordbox.
- Added 98 - 195 BPM analysis range.
- Removal of 2.5 GB DB size limitation
- Removed the need to press a source for 2 seconds to eject it.
- Upgrading DB process is shown in source screen.
- Playlists tracks are now sortable
- Downbeat detection algorithm is improved.
- Added a safety feature where waveform data will no longer be written to the database if the DB filesize is close to the maximum file size when using FAT32 (4 Gb)
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances, tracks would end up in the wrong playlists/crate after packing.
- Improved handling of large GUID Partition Mapped drives.
- Improved displaying of crates/playlists.
- Fixed an issue where pressing play immediately after loading a track could cut off the first bit of playback audio.
- Fixed an issue where the waveform overview track end warning would continue to flash after a source was ejected.
- General stability improvements.
SJL0-1.2.0 Engine Prime 1.2.0: New Features: - download: http://denondj.com/engineprime
- Traktor Playlists and Songs, including Loops and Cue Points can now be imported into Engine Prime via exported Traktor NML file.
- Playlists can now be added to folders.
- Added 98 - 195 BPM analysis range.
- Serato Playlists can now be dragged to Engine Prime Crates/Playlists areas.
- Dragging a crate to the same crate on a remote drive now adds the content to the remote crate.
- Downbeat Detection algorithm is improved.
- Playlists and History lists are now exportable as M3U, CSV or JSON files.
- FLAC and Ogg files now show album artwork. All tracks already in collection must have album artwork added by selecting “Re-import track information.”
Misc Features: Added a safety feature where waveform data will no longer be written to the database if the DB filesize is close to the maximum file size when using FAT32 (4 Gb)
- Fixed an issue which prevented Serato databases stored on non SC5000 compatible drives from being shown in the Serato library pane.
- Fixed an issue where exporting tracks to a removable drive could hang on 1 track remaining.