Sc5000/1800x problems (bpm issues/grid issues/analysis)

https://youtu.be/p7iRmrP_JnM watch whole video, beat grid not correct, 124 is not 124 bpm…

here another one different tracks (tracks bought 20 minutes ago on traxsource, analysed ON THE DENON, and directly it goes wrong… https://youtu.be/rN4N6lm4PDU sorry for the dutch, i sended this to denon allready and the selling party…

Zet je quantise uit… Op de rechter speler. And it seems the track is not gridded correctly when i try to look at the grid markers. So what Jay said. Try beatmatching on ear or try other grid analyse setting. Hang in there. The players are actually awesome, with some teething quirks wich will get adressed in future updates. But try a to keep faith, you will love the players and mixer!

2 Likes

@DJLee It’s a little difficult to track what the problem is here, could you please expand. Thank you

1 Like

I can see on the first video that the beat grid analysis is out and I will pass this on, please note the team are already working on further improving the beat grid analysis algorithm for future updates.

Can you bring this song into Engine Prime software and edit there?

Yes this is a feature thats standard with all our players with B2B situations in mind and therefore we always give the option to do so.

Thanks Jay

DJLee its pretty obvious what your problem is here, your lack of knoledge and experience with dj software is the main factor.

i see from your screen shot engine prime got all the tracks analysed the same as rekordbox except the one in question.

open engine prime on laptop, enter the bpm manually for the track, once loaded on the deck move those tiny red markers inline with the peaks of the beats (Grid Move).

i dont even own the denons but its clear as day what the problem is.

Just saw the video.

Track on right deck is definitely not the right BPM.

After you made the adjustment…when u slide the grid to the left a bit to align it with the downbeat (aka the 1), the grid starts falling of further down the track.

Reason

• Engine Prime did not calculate the right bpm for that track.

They promised better bpm algorithm and we are all waiting patiently for the update.

There is no right or wrong decision when it comes to your next move…either you wait for the upcoming updates to improve bpm or not is entirely up to you.

Cheers

PS It will be a lovely if responses are not made personal when new folks run into issues. We’ve all been there.

Let’s show some positivity here…my €0.02

1 Like

Ok, edited it in prime, now going to test, but it s undoable to reset all the tracks,…there are so many not analysed correctly…

2 Likes

You need to edit the BPM in Engine Prime and adjust your grid. Currently, altering the BPM a track loads with is only available on Engine Prime; On the SC5000 you can only move the beat grid not change the BPM the track loads with.

Yes, you are right that the software is analyzing the BPM wrong and therefore, setting the beat gird wrong for that track, but you do have the option to edit that. This is something that Denon will improve in time as mentioned above.

STEP 1: RED ARROW - click the beat grid icon

STEP 2: GREEN ARROW - enter the BPM of the track manually

STEP 3: PURPLE ARROW - position your track where you want to set the grid. I put a cue point first and listen to it a few times before moving forward

STEP 4: BABY BLUE ARROW - press the icon to drop your beat grid marker.

You may also want to play around a bit in there as you might have the first bar count at the start of the second beat but you can also move that from there too.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

You beat me to it… I see you already edited.

I’m in the same boat as you. 2 years down the line, I’m putting all my faith in Denon to improve things greatly.

If you search the forums, there are multiple posts about the BPM and Gridding not being quite up to par with other software out there.

I have a 60k deep library and there is no way I’m gonna start massaging each track to manually check and input bpm.

The hardware is brilliant. I am just waiting for that super chunky update for EP.

4 Likes

Shain, this helped. thanks. but this is one track,…it is strange to expect to do dozens of correction on tracks this way… if a set costs 500 euro…ok…but 3600 euro’s and no good analysis is unacceptable.

tracks that are analyzed correct in rekord box, are now not usable or you need manual correction. if it is 5 tracks then no problem, second of all, i all need to manually load 1200 tracks to check them if they are correct, that s not doable.

and now?

Could also be that effect cue could be on (FX cue button). I’ve knocked it accidentally before and had this same result, especially if you have the FX set to master rather than a channel.

I can’t argue with you there as you are right about the difficulty it adds. Engine Prime does in fact need to be improved and it is no secret. I personally moved from Pioneer hardware and Traktor to this setup so I just analyze my new tracks in Traktor side by side Engine just to confirm the BPMs are right.

I too hope this is improved sooner rather than later but in my personal opinion, as annoying as this might be, I am still happy with the switch and actually enjoy playing with these units.

Do you have any way of writing BPM to the mp3’s ID tags/comments? Sort of like MikedInKey does…I was thinking if you had this, you could get by for now but I realize it’s not very ideal :expressionless:

Cheers

No id tags/comments tool, only step i can do is check with rekordbox split screen…And still then you have to open every track to check the grid. On a day job i m IT guy for 23 years now, so i now my IT stuff issues/mac/windows/software updates/bugs and so on… But when you play on a gig with hardware or drilling holes with your power tools or installing windows 10, you need to rely on something, If windows 10 is not stable, i use windows 7, …but in denons case, there is now downgrade.

I even downgraded the players from 1.2.2 to 1.2.0, because there is also a difference between de controller board firmware, left player 00.41 and right player says 00.35. (on 1.2.0 now both are on 00.35).

Engine prime is for now the issue,…i m going to sleep over night on this and have choice to make, or give back the denon and refund money and buy pioneer that works or wait on an clunky software update… Denon hardware is great, but with current software issues on mixer and player i prefer then less functionality and less bling bling options, and let me use the nexus2 … and pay 2 grant extra. i ll sleep over it…and make a decission tomorrow.

We are ALL waiting for the improved beatgrid-analysis… And have been waiting since the begining… Or at least the option to correct it on-the-fly… IT should maybe come someday in the future… :tada: I guess you’ll learn to love them, they are great machines…

1 Like

1200 tracks…100 per day and you will be done in 2 weeks. Not ideal but it is what it is.

That’s entirely up to you…there is no right or wrong decision :+1:t6:. You have to use the right tools that work for you. Mine for now is Serato + Controller. My 5000M and X1800 never leave home.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. i have 1200 tracks on a stick, and if analysis is not correct then you are doomed. i played for years on pioneer, rx, rx2, cdj 2000, nexus2, same sticks, same rekordbox, 0 issues…

3 days denon a few hours of playing…strange problems.

• sync on, quantize on, deck 2 is playing 125 bpm, deck one says 124.9 bpm. on SYNC>??? really? youtube movie: https://youtu.be/yasjLdpdlG0

• x1800 mixer, filter display says 125.5 bpm, and both decks say 125 bpm. i have recorded this in a movie. youtube movie: https://youtu.be/nmeNYub5vSg

1 Like

That’s all the problem was?! This is another reason why I want the ability to erase sync, BPM, and moving waveforms and do an owner lockout under Utility/Preferences in the booth with the serial number as password. Please, InMusic, help make history and save club DJing with this feature.

Ha ha.

Bro just curious why did you buy the Prime gear when you have absolutely no need for the goodness of waveforms and bpm.

That horse has left the barn a very long time ago and the stable has been sold to a land developer who is going to build some fancy high rise on it.

You would have saved a lot of money by just investing in a pair of CDJ900 or 850.

Just messing.

But then again…you should start a request thread for that lock out option.

1 Like