SC2900 pitch range on mp3's

ThaDarkStranger Nov 14, 2015 8:52 pm

Hello there,

Wondering about the various pitch ranges on the SC2900… does mp3 work with pitch range all the way from 6% to 100%?

And also… do the start and stop adjust times on the deck work as well for wav/CD as it does for mp3’s? No difference?

Thanks in advance! :wink:

Dj-msx Nov 15, 2015 11:02 am

Yes and yes… The pitch range button gives a few different ranges from 6% to 100%. The start and stop time is determined by position of knobs, and doesn’t matter what the source is cd/USB/network, except when using midi mode with computer software - then it’s obviously up to the software.

ThaDarkStranger Nov 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks… I’ve made up my mind… getting a pair of these badboys asap! :wink:

The CD Cueing (CUE point) perfectly.

The WAV and MP3, AAC, AIFF not correct!

Mark CUE point to 0:06.52 and marked point randomly 0:06.35 or 0:07.02 or another. Tested more files. 1-2 CUE point not moved, stored correctly, same file, another position set CUE, and moved ± max 0.30 another position.

I had planned to sort out the more interesting tracks from several CDs into WAV and copy them to a pendrive, but that way it can’t be worked with accurately, only on CD.

Holy Necrobump Batman!

1 Like

LOL Yeah, @Dj_V while I very much appreciate the several helpful posts you made after 3, 4 and even 6 years after the fact, I highly doubt anyone will respond to them.

I’ll keep them as possible knowledge base items, but I’m also tempted to close these very old topics all together.

It’s good that we have a user that made an effort to check for possible solutions on this legacy gear. As long as he is posting relevant and useful info he should be able to post to old topics.

2 Likes

Agree with Slay, while I currently use 2x SC5000’s, I still own 2x SC2900’s so I don’t mind hearing about relevant questions/solutions on these legacy products.

1 Like

For many, it is old and outdated, but some countries are more backward: Hungary. Here it is still a very modern and very expensive device. Moreover, old disc jockeys are reluctant to switch to laptop shenanigans when all their material is on CD.

It’s a different feeling when you’re rummaging through records, you can show the guest which song you want, rather than having a display light up in your face and you’re scrolling through the device to point to the music.

I also looked at the more recent product range, but none of them really support CD anymore, and a couple of devices can be bought with a half-yearly salary.

The LCD is more informative, but it is bright, too colourful. The VFD display, on the other hand, is simple, easy to see from the side, has all the important information, yet is clear. Manufacturers could think about the older age group who don’t want shiny players, just replace the old one with a more capable one, like FLAC, OGG, APE, full AAC (not only LC) support, faster MEMO reading, not 5-15 seconds.

This should not be a series, just a limited edition, more modern motherboard, even using old looks and mechanics.

Unfortunately, I am the only one who says that the old can be good, but the new is not always the best. I think a lot of people are like that, but they’re not on the forum, they don’t write it down.

Other device manufacturers have not stopped supporting CD, I don’t understand why they had to and why there is no proper desktop player, why they only develop complete sets.

Is it fashion? Maybe, but not everyone follows the fashion either, EMO, rocker, dark style. They could keep their individuality, we CD people don’t get the chance.

I know, the hardware is slow, so you can’t get e.g. FLAC, OGG support. But if the device is already “unsupported”, couldn’t the software be released as open source? Maybe some programmers could get more out of the device. I know it’s not profitable for the distributor, but it would also give them a reputation for helping their old users.

Several router manufacturers have switched to the openwrt type instead of their own firmware, which can be changed and modified by the owner himself. It worked for them. Some enthusiastic programmers would rewrite the firmware just for the challenge, not just for money. So it would cost the manufacturer nothing and would be a huge publicity stunt.

I know, stop dreaming…

2 Likes

At all. Thanks for the views on this. I’ll leave them as is accordingly!