SATA cable disconnected

So after several failed attempts to install the ssd drive on my new prime 2, I found out the issue was the sata cable came disconnected. Any advice on how to solve this ? I’m not sure if it’s easy to open and connect it back again or even if I can open the controller due to the warranty. Thanks I’m advance

Alex Sorry to hear you had this happen. I would return the unit for a new one at your place of purchase or get a RMA # from Denon to properly fix it. I’m not sure how the other end of the SATA cable is connected (connector or soldered) and opening the unit up to see may void your warranty.

If you’re in a pinch I would use another external devise until you can resolve the SATA cable issue. I have my entire library backed up on a SD card and works perfectly should I need to use it.

Good luck!

Thanks prime2remix, thats what i did on my first gig with prime 2, couldnt return to Denon as they dont have any representation here in macau where i leave. So Yesterday i did decide to go ahead and open it, to find out it was a matter of plugging back the cable and its working fine detected the ssd and all good. its a different game now . problem solved.

That’s great! Thanks for sharing I like knowing how the SATA cable is connected on the inside it could be helpful some day. Best!

Alex, I forgot to mention that back in the day when I was using a rackmount computer and a ELO touchscreen running PCDJ I had two HDs installed. One for the operating system and one for the music. I was at a wedding and all my music tracks were red! Same thing had happened. The cable to the HD with the music became loose from transporting continuously along with the vibrations of music it loosened enough to not be recognized. I remove the rackmount pc cover and found the connection to the music drive became disconnected. I pushed it back in tightly, re booted and fixed! When I got home I used silicone to keep the connection from ever coming loose. This was a good learning experience and hopefully the Denon from transporting and vibrations won’t come loose. But if it does we know the fix!

1 Like

@prime2remix good advice . Also, Maybe put some foam padding around the HHD so its not moving around so much in the storage area.

Guess the lesson here is always have a back up plan that you can use right away, im still looking at if its possible to change from one source to another without stopping the music on prime 2.

Hertz, That’s a good idea and I will be thinking of a solution. I don’t like my SSD being mounted to a hard plate with no shock absorption. Maybe rubber bushings?

1 Like

Alexdeejay, I will try tomorrow and let you know. I will play Fromm SSD and while playing a track try to switch and select a track from SD card.

If you could find some good rubber bushings that are not to hard. That might be better than foam in regards to heat dissipation.

Hertz, I found these on Amazon

ZRM&E 8pcs 10mm Hard Disk Drive Screws and Shock Absorption Rubber Washer Kit PC Hard Disk Drive Mounting Accessories for 2.5 inches HDD SSD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DFZJPTQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SHeLFbGYKNM2C

Something like this as the space inside the Denon is very tight. If there was more room they make better more absorbing shock solutions.

interesting. find the right ones, then shave the rubber down a little. might be a winner. So Foam(maybe think layer glued to hhd case then round the sides a little) or shock absorption screw/washer kit.

overall, both ideas are good.

Alexdeejay, Ok great news! I turned on the Prime 2 and loaded the internal SSD I selected a track to play and played it. While playing the track from the internal SSD I changed the source to SD card. It updated library in about 5 seconds or less and I selected a track and played it while the other track was playing. So the short answer is yes you can play from two different sources at the same time. To be clear both sources internal SSD and SD card have been analyzed in Engine Prime. This is great to know!

Maybe that’s what’s wrong with mine, why it stays in computer mode

I’m wondering if that’s my issue

I think hopefully that’s my problem

@Pswint, in your own topic you marked the comment of Noiseriser as solution.

If you still have problems with your Prime2 at the moment. Do we need to perhaps reopen your own topic to troubleshoot further?

Let me know.

Yes still doing same thing, been reading and listening. Wondering if I need to try to see if internal ssd cable is connected or if something is wrong with my computer. Sorry

Okay. Topic reopened.