[RESOLVED] Missing waveform during playback on Prime 4

  • Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…) 1.3.1

  • Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…) This one may be difficult as it has been random

  • Expected Result: (ex: It does X…) View the scrolling waveform while playing back a track.

  • Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…) Track plays back but no waveform shows in the deck

  • Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.) Random

  • Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.)

  • Operating System & Version (if applicable):

  • Link to Video Repro:

Hi @tlbibb, sorry to hear this.

Id there any way you can try and capture this on video? Does it happy with the same tracks of similar? What is the file format for the tracks it happens on? Does it do this on both decks?

the more info you can provide the better :slight_smile:

Thanks J

@Jay_DenonDJ Is there a way to upload a video to the forum? What do you suggest? I sent a video back to AGIPRODJ so they have seen the issues and have reached out to your support team. It has happened with different tracks but sporadically. All tracks are mp3 and I have only noticed it on deck 2.

I might just have a faulty machine. That also has a very strong electrical smell like something may have shorted out inside the unit itself. Unless, that is just how these units smell??

Hi @tlbibb, best way is to upload to youtube as private and share the link. Or Dropbox would also work.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @tlbibb,

Have the tracks analyzed been anaylyzed first in Engine Prime or is PRIME 4 analyzing in real time?

What type of USB stick or SD card are you using?

A combination of loading unanalyzed tracks and slow media may contribute to temporary missing waveform.

Always best to analyze in Engine Prime first, and use USB/SD media that offers at least 80 MB read/write speed.

All tracks have been analyzed in Engine Prime. I have a 120gb Sandisc SSD Plus Internal SSD inside the unit. I have also tried with Sandisc 32gb Flash drives as well.

Ive tried extensively to figure it out. Ive done engine prime only analysis. Ive done Serato, rekordbox and Mixed in key analysis and transfer to engine prime same results. Has only happened a few times so not all the time. The other issue is that the BPM in the library differs from the BPM when loaded into the decks??

Thanks for those additional details. If you could provide a video it would be most helpful.

That’s something I have not seen before. Could you break that out into a separate bug report and include any helpful information that would allow us to reproduce?

Sure no problem. I’m a VP at iHeartmedia so it may take me a moment to get back to it :slight_smile:

Here is a very detailed thread for the BPM issue BPM times in engine prime There are quit a few threads and google searches on the BPM issue as well

I guess in the end I can always return the unit and go in a different direction. Hopefully it’s just some software bugs and user error :slight_smile:

I appreciate you guys help. I was even thinking of some type of partnership with your brand especially to raise branding with awareness here in the US.

The BPM thread you linked and many of the google search results are based on what I mentioned earlier, our BPM detection algorithm. As I mentioned, we are actively looking into improving this right now.

I was under the impression you had a different issue as you mentioned the BPM was different in the library view then when loaded to the deck.

Now I assume that you mean the BPM when analyzed or loaded is different from the meta tag data of the track itself. Is this what you mean?

I’d be happy to discuss this. Please send me a PM with your email and we can kick off the conversation :slight_smile:

No the BPM shown in the library when loaded into a deck will change to something else. Not all the time most of these issues have been sporadic.

I was unaware of the algorithm issue until reading the threads and seeing myself.

I had heard the units were held back for a firmware update. Maybe statistics are in play and mine is just buggy. My biggest concern is the electrical smell from the unit. Not sure that is a new controller smell.

I’ll test it out again later this evening when I get out of the office. I hear you all have some ground breaking things in the works.

[This was resolved offline]