[RESOLVED] Deck 2 Platter Locked (no playback) After Updating to v1.5.2

Hi there,

I PMd you over a week ago about this issue.

Please reply.

This happened to me yesterday (10-24-20) while doing a live set. I was afraid to restart because I was using Tidal with a very slow hotspot connection and didn’t want long silence. Restarted when I got home and it worked. I just don’t know why it happened in the first place.

I have the same issue, deck 2 freezes and stops responding to the play button, everything else keeps working. I just can’t (re)start the track. Had this issue a couple of times on 1.5.2, but now also on the 1.6 beta. Very annoying, and kinda bums me out. Restarting works most of the time, but not always, already had the issue two times in a row twice.

Has to be a software issue, right?

Edit: Happened a third time now this evening. The play button even starts and stops flashing when pushed, it’s just that the software stops doing anything.

Really not good.

Wish they’d sort this out urgently.

Hi JWiLL

thank you for your phrase, but I think that Denon is acting too slow in front of this BIG problem. It’s not clear if this is a firmware or hardware problem, and 1.6.0 beta is floating there for too much time. Please give an official (and quick) reply to all us with this problem, and please ask to the company to go on quickly with new firmware.

Than you

1 Like

I’d also like to know if this is a software of hardware issue. But since I can jump to hot cues, but it won’t play (which is standard behavious when jumping to hot cues, it will start playing automatically) I’m very sure it must be a software issue.

So what am I supposed to do here?

In the settings there is a cue behaviour settimg to momumtary or on release i think the other is. I think you need momumtary, so when stopped it will only play as you press.

I know how this works, but thank you :slight_smile: I have the option where it will play the hot cue automatically. When this supposed bug appears, the hot cue buttons will work in the sense that they do jump to the hot cue. But they won’t play. Nothing can make the track play, as soon as the bug starts.

It all works fine until then.

Yesterday I had it appear four times… each time it occurred after I had already played a couple (maybe between 2 and 6) tracks on the right deck, which worked normally.

In other words: Even if the (supposed) bug appears, I can clearly see the hardware is working, and even that it sends a signal to the software (at least for the hot cues). It jumps to the right position. It just won’t start the track like it should. Holding hot cues OR holding the Cue button also don’t work. Nor does just hitting play. Nothing works. Nothing will make the track start as soon as the (supposed) bug appears.

So here’s an issue I came across. Fresh start and loading a track to deck 2 the Wash efx simply wasn’t working… it kind of flanges and then full turn it cuts out.

I did a couple restarts and it seemed like waiting longer to load tracks helped but I’m still not sure… also was comparing whether loading a track from a crate vs loading a track from a playlist…

Still unsure. But from now on I give a startup and wait and test it to make sure it’s working via fader up and listening through the headphones before mixing G

I also have deck number 2 randomly freezing. Must cycle the power on and off to get it to work again

What you’ve reported is not affecting all users/units so it’s a bit difficult to identify/understand. Even the units that have shown this behavior in the field are not showing the issue in our environment. We’ve reviewed several customer units.

Please trust this is very importrant and we are investigating the reports with the highest priority.

Would it help if I made a video of the issue when it happens again?

I’ll definitely try to document it in as much detail as possible next time, which will most likely be later today, or the next few days…

Problem is that it happens so randomly. I had the unit work for hours, only to later restart it and the error would appear after a few minutes.

Happened to me four times (!) two days ago. But not once yesterday, but I also didn’t use it as much.

But a good number of users experience this problem. Honestly, even if I don’t have this problem, I’m afraid it might manifest itself to me. Especially during an event!

1 Like

I made a more detailed report on the 1.6 beta forum, with a short video of the issue: https://community.enginedj.com/t/under-review-prime-go-deck-2-freeze/25840/13

2 Likes

this is the same case as mine

I have the same problem. Also with beta 1.6 firmware.

Same issue w/ deck 2 freezing. Just got the unit last week, and updated it immediately (Now wish I would have waited to update). I used it for a small athletic event on the weekend with no problems. Turned on the unit today and deck 2 was immediately frozen. Same exact issue as others described above.

The play button will stay lit until pushed and then it will blink. When in play mode it will not allow another track to be loaded, so the system seems to be recognizing what it should be doing No result from hot cues, reloading same or different track, effects, pushing sync button, etc. No apparent solution or work around, the unit needs to be restarted for it to be resolved.

I’m assuming (and really, really hoping) this is just a software issue. It’s a downer that it’s happening at all (especially in less than a week after purchase) but it would be a huge disappointment if it requires the unit to be sent back. Besides that, so far I love it and am glad I purchased it. Here’s hoping we see a new update soon that resolves the problem!

Exactly same symptoms but with my Prime 4 Unit. Sent it back to warranty via the shop - Denon website was useless, the service has zero idea what’s going on. Funny thing, Ive just bought the PrimeGo as a backup for live gigs and it’s only now that I find out that the Go might have the same issues with channel #2… grrr Not a cheap experiment, I tell you that. I wonder if they (Denon) actually found the problem.

People have been reporting this problem since at least 80 days ago on both the Prime 4 and the Prime Go. I’ve not been able to find much of a response from Denon about it. (I could be wrong and just didn’t see it. If that’s the case, please indicate where the response can be found)

I also have a Prime 4 and so far have not experienced the same issue with it. I really love the Prime Go, but if I have no idea if/when this will be fixed, I may have to return it before the allowed exchange time ends. It’s a major inconvenience during shows and the seemingly random occurrence makes it even worse. It always kills the energy and looks very unprofessional when the DJ has to take a break to restart his system. Workarounds (if there are any) are nice as a temporary fix, but a $1,000 unit shouldn’t need permanent workarounds in order to function properly.

Anyone know of a response about this from Denon? Anyone hear anything about when we might expect the official 1.6 update?

Just had this happen to me tonight, very first track I wanted to play loaded to deck 2, cued it up, went to start playing and the deck locked up and I had to restart.