[RESOLVED] A Track that plays out, next time I load it cues at the end of the track

• Software or Firmware Version: (1.2, 1.3.1, etc…) 1.3.1 but did it on previous versions

• Steps to Reproduce: (Turn on unit, press button X, etc…) a random track that I let play until it stops seems to cue the the end of the track next time I load it.

• Expected Result: (ex: It does X…) All tracks loaded should cue to the beginning of the track or to a load marker. Nobody ever needs or wants a track to load at the end of a track.

• Actual Result: (ex: It does Y…) Randomly a previously played to the end track loads to the end of a track.

• Reproducibility: (ex: Happens 1 out of 10 times.) Seems random. I’ll try to take notice if it only happen with a specific file type. ie, mp3, wav

• Other Relevant Configuration Info: (ex: Plugged into a Windows 10 laptop.)

• Operating System & Version (if applicable):

• Link to Video Repro:

2 Likes

We discussed this earlier together with @RAO.DJ

Firmware update thoughts

I will try and test your bug, but for me it was mostly my own mistake.

Like I said in the bug report, it seems random but it’s only ever happened with tracks that play all the way out. I tried to reproduce it by jumping down near the end of some tracks and letting them play out but it didn’t seem to trigger the behavior. It’s certainly not “deal breaking” bug, it’s just odd to load a track and have it cue to the end of the track.

Okay, so it is not by any change an accidental press on CUE if the track played out and stood still there?

That was my mistake/muscle-memory mostly so yeah than the CUE is set on the last beat next time I open the track…

It’s possible I may have hit cue once or twice but it’s happened more frequently than I would’ve ever hit the cue AFTER a track finishes. I tend to let tracks play out in my ambient and downtempo sets and while it’s playing out I’m viewing crates and playlists for the next track, once the song ends I select my next track and load it via the knob.

Okay, well hopefully they can reproduce it or find a cause in code.

I tested some WAV songs, but nothing happened yet.

Happens to me as well. When a track is played to the end, next time it loads, its at the end.

This is because you are pressing the CUE button at the end of the track when the deck is in the stop state. The master or initial CUE marker will drop where ever you press the CUE button when the deck is paused or stopped.

If you are in the habit of doing this, you can change the Track Start Position preference from Cue Position to Track Start. This way when you load the track thereafter, the track will load from the start.

1 Like

But shouldnt it automatically jump back to load point, next time the track is loaded? (first beat/ hotcue point)

The song is loading to the expected load point, the initial CUE (White marker). In this case, the CUE is set at the end of the track.

In our system there are 9 cue points: Initial/Master CUE + Hot Cues 1-8.

When a track is loaded and the Track Start Position Preference is ‘Cue Position’, the playhead is placed at the initial/master CUE position.

Hotcues 1-8 are not associated with the Track Start Position Preference.

Ok, i just seem to recall that even of I dont press Cue at the end of a track but just let it run til it stops, it still loads at that point next time.

Will try to replicate.

1 Like

If that was the case we’d have a bug :wink:

Not happening here in my environment with 1.3.1.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.