Request for Prime Versa or whatever you want to call it

I’m going to repost this from somewhere else because it includes some more ideas including pricing stuff that might be interesting or useful…

"I disagree the price would have to be too high to achieve this with Prime. I’d also be willing to pay anything between the GO and P2’s price for such a design, but I’m not willing to buy either a Go or a P2. I might even be willing to pay the price of a P4 for such a truly portable and fully-featured Prime design, but I think that’s stretching it.

If it was priced the same as the P4, I’d probably insist it have 3 faders and a horizontal 3-way switch above that middle fader that allowed you to switch the two decks on the sides to control the middle fader’s deck that would otherwise be hidden when the switch is in the middle position. Maybe instead of calling it a Prime Versa, it’d be a Prime 3 in such a case. Then I’d pay P4 prices for it for sure, certainly warranted by its portability.

That’s pretty daring, though. A 16.5 to 18" wide unit that’s three decks would be revolutionary."

Honestly, if Denon put auto mix on it then this might be the thing to bring to outdoor type stuff. It’s got mic inputs and 1 aux input. 4hr battery life is not enough though they should of tried for at least 6.

For what I intend to use this particular unit for it’s basically has almost everything. I have to see one in person though test it out, hopefully before spring. Too bad it didn’t have extra inputs.

Numarks attempt at a direct drive turntable

1 Like

Joking… I know a lot of you guys want that like nuts. I remember someone flagged a post when I was defending you guys by saying that just using continuous mode and playlists wasn’t quite a poor man’s auto play/mix substitute for the feature you wanted because continous still didn’t work reliably yet.

1 Like

Hey, when outdoors I would like to put it on automix while I jump of the cliff we are dj’n on into the lake full of partiers :rofl:

1 Like

Ah… their earliest attempts at DD I thought I heard were basically just Vestax clones or something. Wonder if any of them were also wood.

All metal. Never say any wood ones. They had a lot of pretty bells and whistles (digital display, reverse, 78 rpm) but fell short on the important aspects of a turntable design strong brushless motor and platter weight. Cheap Decks Marketed to kids who didn’t know any better.

The battery in the Prime GO is the top reason I bought it. Without the battery I would NOT buy the Prime Go. yes the battery could be longer but for now I have a small AC power bank that gives me around 3.5 more hours. Have not tested it but the power bank gives a power count down.

Small pitch faders is the weakest part for me, then… jog wheels and more inputs. Ohh and then not being able to capture the aux input and microphone with internal recording. Also effects should be assignable to microphones.

I think the P2 is redundant. A lineup of Go + P2 or Go + P4 would suffice, then there’s the flagship SC5000/6000/M