**Repairing Prime 4 DIY** NEED HELP LOL

OMG. This is abuse on another level. Im gonna be having nightmares for a while after seeing them pictures. Thank god you managed to rescue the poor thing.

3 Likes

“omg omg omg!!! Close it down & put it back together!! Quick!!!.. i bet Covid20 is in there!”

2 Likes

lmfao just caught the 20 part :rofl:

1 Like

So I can’t help but wonder how the unit is missing the USB B port as it’s actually soldered directly onto the main cpu board

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but I am thinking of opening my prime 2 seeing as the last time I put my prime 2 in repairs it wasn’t fixed properly for 5 months and my cue button is starting to go.

Am I able to just unscrew the left side of the unit with the platter to replace the cue button or do I need to unscrew everything and take the whole thing apart completely?

1 Like

Good luck with the repairs my friend…nice buy when you get it running…but was his Dj name Crackhead Bob??? Lol

1 Like

Good luck friend! You got this!

Straight up trailer park trash needle holes still in arm from the night before. I felt bad for bringing my fiance anywhere near Highland Park :joy:

Looks like you had your work cut out for you op. Would like to see the final results. Also I too have to replace the usb-b port on my prime 4 as one of the pins inside the port broke. Curious, did you resolder a new port onto your main board or did you replace the board itself?

Hello :wave::blush:

Hope you are well.

I’m just wondering if you worked out how to clean inside the platters on the Prime 4, as I think I need to clean some dust out of mine… Thnx

Just made an account to inform you by the repairability of these devices. Opening up and closing down wouldnt be a problem if you well document the situation before, and when unscrewing things. Just make pictures of every situation. I needed a fix on my 3rd fader, it was loose at the top. Everyone needs to be unscrewed to get at the mixer PCB. I managed to get things out and soldered back the fader. Overall I needed like 6 hours, but my unit (Prime 4) is back up and running again… Just be patient, and organise your workbench, sort out all screws by type, write down the order of deassembling, and you will be fine. I’m aware of the bad state of ur device, but if you find te right parts, you might be the king fixing it. I was lucky to only need to solder 2 points back on the PCB… Goodluck mate!!

How did you know that this thread was here before you made the account ?

Jus’ askin’

After i finished my repair. I was supprised nobody shared repair info… Maybe i had a bad unit. Whilst inside i must say these Systems arent rocket science. How they covered the backside connections to be black, just with a sort of paper. My fader knobs are all pointing another direction. Not just straight. Poor quality… At the time i bought this unit, it was superior in features and touch screen. Pioneer was way behind. Now i know to never change a winning team. Just buy a pioneer

You can head to Reddit to see all the QC issues and repairs being needed on Pioneer gear, unlike here their own forum doesn’t allow negativity. Essentially if you’re using Pioneers forums as a way of measuring the quality of their products, they’ll look like the best made pieces of DJ equipment to ever exist.

Those of us who’ve owned and used them over the years know differently.

4 Likes

hi there i need some help for my prime 4 i need a rear pcb where i buy it online

Hello my friend, I remember this place to get parts, they should have the part you looking.

They send fast and they offer secure check out process.

https://instrumentalparts.com/denon-audio-and-dj-parts/denon-dj-prime-4-spare-parts/

2 Likes

From a crackhead :rofl::rofl: hope you get it working. Check The prime for hidden stash however :wink:. There might be some treets inside.

They’re out of the one thing I needed! lol The View button. Mine has decided to stay depressed. Poor thing. Great resource though!

Get in touch with inmusic and they will let you know what’s in stock. They will be cheaper than music instrument parts. that board for the usb is about $350, the usb is a USB 3.0 9 pin right angle and cost about $1.50. So you can get the whole board or save yourself $325 and do it yourself.

TIPPY TIPPY. Rip Bob.