Release 1.6 for prime 4 still beta?

Was always going to be a brave person heralding the CDJ3000 compared to the SC’s - I wouldn’t go near an SC3000, but then again, I have never liked any CDJ’s so I am probably not the best person to comment.

CDJ3000 has tons of bugs and is already on the 3th Firmware. Jogwheels are also crap and some users changed 3 defective units with the same problem. Go to official Pio forum or CDJ3000 group on FB and you’ll see a LOT of problems, Firmware and hardware.

2 Likes

Just to say that Pioneer is much more stable and built more professional. The concept of Denon is good, but you’ve to try the Denon’s rotate knobs after the Pioneer’s one, and a child can understand the difference.

Sorry, but that is pure nonsense. I cannot disagree more. I don’t like the feel of the CDJ’s at all - they are like a kid’s toy. Not only are the Prime units far better technically - they are also aesthetically far more pleasing on the eye.

Sound like you’re on the wrong forum, mate.

1 Like

Yeah this cdj3000 is certainly no flagship. If this is the shape of things to come from pioneer, if this is the way that pioneer are going, charging high money for rubbish cdj products then their flagships are sunk

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the way pio looks to be heading after so many owner changes. XDJ-XZ seems to have a lot of problems too :frowning: . That’s sad news, I’m on 3x SC5000’s and love the players, but had pioneer gear for a long long time. High quality from all brands push the market forward for better and better gear.

I hope we get a “pitch play mode” also known as “keyboard mode” with the full 1.6

2 Likes

@Djdobi There are requests. Go and rate them, if you have not already done:

Link request 1

Link request 2

Developers work in sprints. Open and private testing can be done but there might be other additions that need to be included in that sprint. what testers work on is not always the only thing inside an update. This is how it works in my job and I would be inclined to think the same for Denon dev team.

There is nothing worse than releasing an update that is not solid. If the update has to go back to dev and QC it just messes with their schedule of working on the next sprint.

Are you guessing about it releasing soon? Or have you heard something that leads you to believe that? I’m not being snarky, I’m just honestly curious. It’d be nice to have even a hint about a release date at this point lol

No release dates are provided. Some of us here are Beta testers, and we can only say - it is worked on very intensively.

3 Likes

If you say so, I trust you. We hope to get what we need.

2 Likes

I just want an update so my beatport link is fixed in the engine.

We are testing the private beta. The Denon Dev team rocks!

…they just do it very slowly :laughing:

No, they are not slow. A beta is released, tester upgrade and try, report back bugs and findings. Dev team work on that material and then a new Beta. This is how it works. You must give the Dev team time to fix things and tester-team the same to try. It’s up to you but I prefer a stable release with no risk of failure when using the players like freezing or ruining databases.

2 Likes

…which hasn’t happened. The only release we’ve seen is 1.6 beta2. Since then, nothing.

So does everyone (of course) but we haven’t got that. The release of 1.5 (months ago) broke certain aspects of 1.4, but they were not fixed. Then 1.6 beta comes along, and those things are still not fixed.

Months after the release of 1.6 we are still waiting for the things broken (by Denon) in 1.5 to be fixed.

I wouldn’t call that fast.

1 Like

Dude because it’s private on the forum you don’t see the other beta because you are not (maybe soon or later) a beta tester from Denon

1 Like

It is the same version. Like the way Apple does that. Some will get public during the private beta. Arguably, they could have released a newer beta to public.

As it stands now. Beta2 was released for public testing to test new features. After that, the bug hunting took place in private.

We’re at beta11 now, so lots of stuff needed to be ironed out. Also the public bug reports are being taken into account.

7 Likes

Beta 11 ?? wooww … So development is progressing … great! News after months of silence … well, good job everyone on the new future release.