Rekordbox USB Export support

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

Ability to make a Engine Prime USB drive compatible with Rekordbox equipment such as CDJ’s, XDJ’s, … when exporting inside Engine Prime.

• How will this feature help you and others?

There are a lot of DJ’s that have to play on Rekordbox equipment when there is no space in the DJ booth.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

It doesn’t exist yet, to my knowledge.

• Does a workaround currently exist?

You can either use Rekordbox as your main library and sync to Engine Prime, but this is painful. I want to fully invest in the Prime ecosystem so I want to be able to use only Engine Prime.

• How often would you use this feature?

Almost every week. I have to play in a club that has a CDJ-2000NXS setup and no space in the DJ booth for my Prime 4 controller. I have to maintain my collection in both Engine Prime & Rekordbox, which is really painful and time-consuming. It would be killer to be able to plug a single USB in both Prime & Pioneer gear.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

This shouldn’t be to hard to make. You guys at Denon are already able to import Rekordbox collections on Prime equipment, so you have already reverse engineered the binary format. You only need to create a mapping between the Engine Prime database and the Pioneer Rekordbox binary files. I know that waveforms are tricky, since they are not rendered on the unit but rather stored on the USB drive in the binary files. But isn’t this the same thing on the MCX8000 (it supports RGB waveforms, so could be mapped as well?). The RGB waveforms can also be converted to different tints of blue to support the other waveform types stored in the binary files. All other information should be available in Engine Prime already.

I could create something like this myself, but I am a student and I am already short on time, so I am hoping you guys can make something like this.

Implementing something like this will convert a lot of DJ’s over to the Prime ecosystem. The only reason why my DJ-friends stay on Pioneer equipment is because its the standard in clubs and they don’t want to maintain 2 different music collections. This could be the final kick towards Pioneer DJ, as they just released an overpriced 4 channel standalone unit, which only supports 2 channels in standalone mode and costs €500 more than the Prime 4 (its sad but people will still buy it)

Let me know what you guys think!

Greetings,

Maarten

I can see why you would want it but no, why would Denon waste time on this.

Pioneer could add Denon support if they wanted

hint: they wont lol

I would love to see this. Guess we will have to wait on Rekordbuddy implementation of Engine Prime, though. I don’t see Denon giving people an easy way out of the ecosystem.