Rekordbox import issues/crash/beatgrid off (PRIME GO)

Hi guys,

im super new here, please be gentle :wink:

I got the Prime Go a couple of days ago, it f****ng ROCKS, i love it. Im playing with Beatport Link everyday, its huge to have access to almost everything, even my own productions from years ago i totally forgot!

Anyway, as the title say, i have some issues with the Prime Go unit.

1. I imported most of my collection from Rekordbox (i have CDJ’s + DJM at home) but all the Beat Grids and Cue points are off. Like a few ms. But you can hear it very clearly. I can’t just throw in a song with the fader open unless i edit the Beat Grid & Cues manually in Engine software on my mac.

2. I had a big crash today after mixing for 20 minutes. The Prime Go just restarted out of the blue. Can you imagine happening this at a venue or live recording stream? My CDJs are super old and battered, replaced the Cue and Play buttons couple of times, had multiple beers and tequilas fallen over them, been in overheated situations, but they never, ever crashed, they still work very well.

-Are there any issues with Rekordbox 6 import? Im using Prime OS and Engine updates 1.6

-Does anybody know if an SD card is less stable than USB? Im using a 64 GB Micro SD (Sandisk Extreme Plus Micro SD XC I), inside one of those adapters from Samsung that go in the front.

Greets w

Rekordbox import seems to work properly only with uncompressed music files. There are several algorithms in use for compressing and decompressing mp3s, resulting in small discrepancies in the beat grids. I tried the rekordcloud database convertion solution, but unfortunately it doesn’t work perfectly. Maybe the Conversion Utlilities of MixMasterG work. if i got it right he adds the time correction differences in his software suite manually, but they are only available for mac.

1 Like

Yeah i found that app, will try this later, thanks!

What about stability issues? Did anyone have a crash with imported Rekordbox database?

I cant find it here…

It’s got more reviews than Rekordcloud, but only because it’s been around longer. Rekordcloud is far better however, and works on PC / Windows and Mac. Rekordcloud is a low monthly subscription so you can switch it on and off monthly as needed. I paid for it for two months to get the bulk of my long-term collection transferred then cancelled subscription as I can add a few tunes per week manually if the grids are off.

Thanks, will take a look at it.