Red tracks removing

I’m getting loads of reds tracks that now won’t load. How can I get rid of them. I moved some tracks around on the usb. Trying to be organised, and made it look a right mess. I’ve taken everything off the usb and put it back on they are still there. I don’t have a laptop or PC and moved stuff around on my phone. Is there a way you can do it on the Denton prime 4 ??

You need to do all your moving around, before analysing / creating database etc.

Reckordcloud / now known as Lexicon can relocate the tracks which you moved , which will get rid of the red colouring and let the tracks load and play as normal.

Engine prime runs on a crates so it doesn’t matter where the tracks are (not like the old folders in folders file systems ) - any track in you main crate can be (pseudo) put into as many playlists as you want it to be in, without moving the location of the original track

It’s doubled them up. So I have a red track that wont play and one that will. I just want to remove the red ones.

Use sync manager and sync it across either way and it’ll say you have tracks missing and they will go away, at least that’s my experience anyway.

Theres also a way to make it put all the red songs in a crate called missing, EP will do it but I’m not 100% on how to trigger it.

I’ve removed all music from my USB stick. Then added it back on. Re-analysed it all. A pain in the ass, and 3 hours later. But red tracks now gone and lesson learnt from me. Not to move stuff around. :+1::pleading_face: Cheers people.

Don’t know why there are so many responses to this; this is the only post you need to read - https://community.enginedj.com/t/update-existing-crate-and-playlist/14430

tl;dr - Denon is being stubborn and won’t implement the most basic feature that every single dj program in existence offers.

1 Like

I’m currently working on a little app (for Windows & Mac) to help resolve this.

1 Like