Rane 70's (two usb inputs on the back) and my Sc5000m's

Quick Question, got a great deal on buying the Rane 70 (haven’t bought it yet as i need my question answered 1st) it has two usb ports on the back that you can plug media players into like my Denon Sc5000m’s. my new laptop has less usb ports than what i need. thats why i was looking for a mixer that has these usb ports on them. My laptop usb ports are 5v / 500mA (yes i know the sc5000ms’ have there own power cable, but you still have to plug them into a laptop usb port) ive heard on the rane 70, that those usb ports are only 2.5 volts / 500mA so their might be issues with usb drop outs ? thats the reason im asking any dj who has the Rane 70 can confirm they work well with my denon players

USB dropouts would occur only if the device needs more power than the mixer can deliver. Since SC5000 doesn’t need power over USB, only data line will be used. So power on these ports has nothing to do with communication between player and the PC. From technical point of view, You should be fine with this mixer and 2 SC5000 players.

1 Like

I am currently running the exact same setup you mentioned and it’s working perfectly. I have my sc5000m’s plugged into the 2 usb ports on the back. Works great for serato mode as well.

1 Like