Quick (Very) First Impressions

Hey ccarroz,

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the decks! We can’t wait to build on this system either! We have a ton of exciting and useful features planned for future development :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, it appears some of the early reviewers deceived us. Whether that was done so intentionally or unintentionally is irrelevant. I was under the impression the whole unit would be constructed of metals and glass. It’s fine that peeps are saying that the units are solid. I’m sure they’re right. But that doesn’t change the fact that all this time I thought we were getting thick aluminum top & side panels, a completely aluminum jog wheel and a glass screen. So long as they perform well, that’s all that really matters. Regardless, I’m still disappointed. I just feel foolish for making the argument that “these units will have superior construction materials to all other players” when debating peeps online. That’s the last time I put my faith in any reviewer, or statements from any company for that matter, before I have a physical product in my hands for personal review.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Just following-up post-weekend as promised. It seems the majority of the community have chimed in with answers to one another’s questions posted. Shoutout to @Jason_DenonDJ, many thanks for the clarification re: clicks and teasing exciting future developments. :slight_smile:

I agree wholeheartedly with everyone about the jogwheel, it seems to almost “float” and is absolutely silent, a testament to the engineering of the unit. Additionally, I’m really enjoying the feel of the pitch fader as well, it has just the right amount of friction and responds its respective value on the HUD to perfection.

What I appreciate the most about the SC5000 is that it truly seems to include everything. What I mean by that is one can see from competing units, for example, that some features seem to be left off intentionally in order to make their follow-up MK2 version a point of discussion/interest for sales. Denon, on the other hand, opted to push all their chips to the center of the table by essentially including every possible feature a DJ would want in their ideal unit. For that, I applaud them.

I’ll continue to post new discoveries, thoughts and any other observations (positive or negative) I come across and would encourage others to do the same. Cheers.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but Denon seriously need to reword how they are describing the jogwheel. I can’t let it go! From the SC5000 product page it describes it this way in two separate instances…

“8-inch rugged metal jog wheel with HD central display”

“Metal construction with display & touch-capacitive circuitry”

A thin aluminum capacitive touch plate hardly constitutes being defined as “rugged”. The platter rim cannot be described as “metal constructed”. Come on, Yall? Surely you can understand how when reading that description, one would get the impression that they are completely made of metal.

I’ve never read a controller’s joghwheels being described in such a way.

I’m not trying to be difficult. I just want these players to be able to stand up to scrutiny, because believe me, there are going to be hawks much more critical than I tearing apart each and every aspect of these players as well as the advertising promoting them. There are plenty of revolutionary features for the stanalone market on these units without having to resort to deceptive wordplay,

4 Likes

I don’t see the big deal about the wheels they feel good to me and the pioneer is not metal neither

2 Likes

I too, like others who have laid hands on the well described platter, find it really tactile, robust and reposnsive.

2 Likes

Now you’re just trolling. It’s all good. I actually found this response amusing. I’ll drop it now.

1 Like

Welll described as in “described many times” or “well discussed” as indeed, has the smoothness, construction, bearings (which are probabay metal too) of the platters also.

Hopefully the players will hit the german stores by the end of the week, so that i can have my own little first impression of the units. Are the platters somewhat like the plattern on a ddj sz or rz in terms of smoothness and silence? as far as i know, only the platterns on the cdj and xdj product range are sitting on bearings and because of that noisy as hell.

1 Like

Hey BA, Back in the office today, hitting the pads. I was mistaken and my apologies. They do indeed click. I guess I was associating click with the louder clicking sound which I hear on the shift/play/cue buttons. Hope you enjoy the player, nonetheless :smile:

I’m just trying an SC5000 now and I think both people above are correct about the click yes, and click no.

When you hit one of the 8 Performance pads, you can FEEL a positive click, by way of tactile feedback, but you don’t HEAR a click.

By way of comparison, when you hit the Play or Cue buttons you can both FEEL and HEAR a click.

1 Like

That’s precisely why my original answer was what it was. More of a pronounced “TICK” when you hit the plastic buttons relative to the muted sort of click from the performance pads.

plus, I didn’t have a unit at home to confirm when I originally posted

They’re like the NXS2 in terms of quality, except much less noisey.

So, i got my players yesterday and i have to say that i am very impressed. I used to own a pair of CDJ2000 NXS2 and a pair of the XDJ 1000 mk1 and i can say that the SC5000 are in a different league. Outstanding performance so far, even without the x1800 mixer. solid build and sound quality. The jogwheels are a hugh step up from the noisy CDJ jogs. They run very smoothly and quiet but have a very accurate feel. In comparisson to the XDJ 1000 display … let’s just say that denon nailed it. period. I am very happy with the SC5000 so far.

9 Likes

I’m in love playing music all over again because of the SC5000 Great job guys don’t wait was worth it

4 Likes

i need these, still waiting to test them though at a local store for my own answers to some questions

1 Like

Finally but still quicker than i would have dare to hope on monday, i got my players!! First quick impression: Well worth the wait. U its feel very solid and well build! Some features are a bit off to my liming but i will post them later as i figured things out, probably settings that i need to change but overall, well done denon. Very well done. Much pleased and even more exited. Keep u posted, feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

What do those parameter buttons do, in the respective pad modes?

There awesome, picked them up today at BAX Rotterdam, all’s well!!!

any issues on the ones you guys have? I wen to test one and within 5 minutes of playing the track stopped and the deck totally rebooted, had to reload the track and play again. Im hoping its isolated to just that deck and not a problem with the FW