Questions that are not mentioned on youtube

Wow, so negative @Ghastous … you got options here: Since you always have to use a PC to gather your music you could:

• Use an external USB drive instead of built-in SATA and USB Sticks
  • Unscrew the drive and use a SATA to USB cable to update your collection and screw it back.
  • Connect a laptop anywhere you want to rule out the no space / chug downstairs issue
  • Indeed cancel your pre order and buy a second hand 2009 Numark DDS 80 which can copy between sources and order this unit again when the firmware suits your needs

Hope this solves your problem.

The point of a built-in drive without transferring between sources imo is you have a basic master collection always with you, which you can update whenever is convenient for you. Use USB sticks or SD for the latest tracks when you can’t update your built-in drive, since you got multiple sources (5 extra on top of the SATA).

Regarding the advertising on stand alone, indeed it is stand alone, since it plays back music without the need of a laptop for playback. To transfer music to any type of source, you need a computer, regardless it’s USB, SD or SATA. It’s stand alone, not cloud ready.

4 Likes

Well summed up there, doesn’t the Prime 4 come with an SATA to USB cable so you can do point 2, so you can simply remove the drive and attach to a laptop? Everything I seen refers to a ‘special’ cable, I assumed that’s what it was.

I think you can leave the ssd on the Prime4 and only use a USB cable to your pc for updating the collection on the SSD.

I have a question for Denon. I have a memory stick with mp3 albums/folders on it, when I plug it into the P4 will the P4 convert these into EP files ? If so can I then make crates and playlists on the usb stick?

There will be a folder created on your drive. That folder will hold all your Engine Prime data. You can create your playlists and crates using Engine Prime and Prime 4.

Not reallly answered my question

In short, yes, just not on it’s own without your involvement.

when you plug it in to Prime 4, nothing will happen on its own. When you choose and load a track, that track will get analyzed. When a track is analyzed by Prime 4 (or SC5000/M or Engine Prime) a folder is created on your stick which holds all the data the Prime series players use. Any loops, cue points will also be written to that folder. I believe it is called “Engine Library”. Note this is one folder for the entire library not one per mp3 or album, etc.

Prime 4 will allow you to create and playlists.

Engine Prime software is also there for you to manage all this as well of course.

If you are thinking about purchasing the Prime 4, you can download Engine Prime now and get started on your preparations rather than waiting until the unit arrives.

Watch this video as you may find it helpful:

(watch 2:30 & 14:10 & 15:50 of the video above if you don’t have the time to watch all of it)

Thank you. I had the mcx8000 but sold it to buy the P4 and already have EP but I don’t like the software it’s floored in lots of ways. Denon couldn’t have made it harder for the Dj to use EP.

1 Like

Not in the box, just like the SATA drive itself is not in the box

Correct

There is no convert on any the Primes

Primes see your new file, read from they, and then save a separate entry in a separate Engine folder in the same of drive. The music file are all remained original and un changed - no converted

Analyse not convert

1. After creating new hot cues and beatgrids on Prime 4 how do you get it to save to your USB and sync with your Prime engine library on the computer?

Everytime i plug my USB into my laptop it just deletes all my created hot cues and beatgrids. All my songs have been imported over from Rekordbox, is this an issue with Engine just recognising my old cue points from rekordbox and not updating them from my USB?