Questions about SC6000/M

Hi All, Can someone who has used the Denon SC6000 please answer the below questions for me? Thanks so much! Scott

1. What is your overall opinion of the SC6000, compared to the SC5000?
  2. Does it work well with Engine software (i.e. stable and no “freeze ups” in the middle of a song?)
  3. You can use it with the X1800 or X1850 mixer correct?
  4. How is the display? Is it big, clear, vibrant, and easy to read? 5.Does the SC6000 work with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and macOS Catalina?
  5. Does the WiFi it comes with work anywhere/anytime, and not just in a hot spot area?
  6. What is your opinion of v1.6 Engine software? Is it reliable, stable, with no freeze ups, etc. Just want to make sure, because I am a wedding DJ, so I can’t have any failures in the middle of my performance.
  7. Does it work well with Virtual DJ? Or do you prefer Engine software instead?
  8. Will any of the new features from v1.6 be available with Virtual DJ? Or just Engine Software?
1 Like

Engine OS Software runs directly on the players and not with a laptop

Engine Prime Software is a software that runs on laptop/pc to prepare and manage files ie you can’t connect your 5000/6000 to the laptop expecting to DJ.

1. 6000 fantastico, 5000 brilliant. I prefer the Ms. The static platter is just not my thing.

2. It works with Engine OS and it’s been good

3. Yes

4. Fantastic display, compatible with MacOS up to Big sur

5. Works fine at home for me.

6. Wedding DJ anxieties I know, I have used the 5000 for two weddings and they performed fantastic. I had Serato there as well. So I went back and forth between them as the weddings progress

7. I don’t use VDJ but I tested it and it’s seems like a super integration. Serato is my preferred DJ software solution.

8. What new features? Virtual DJ has its own feature set that is totally independent of the prime players feature set.

2 Likes

If you put an SC6000 side-by-side with and SC5000 the latter seems extremely outdated. I love my SC6000s they never skip a beat.

1 Like

Thank you for answering all of my questions in such a detailed manor, I really appreciate it! One other question. Should these do okay in the heat? Because I have several weddings coming up in the summer, and I just want to make sure that they will not overheat?

The hottest days here are a “toasty” 20 degrees Celsius range, we rarely see 30 degrees.

I don’t know how hot it gets where you are lol.

Thank you very much I really appreciate your insight!

I have a single SC6000 and the x1850 mixer. Love them both, as they are fantastic, professional equipment.

Software-wise, I use VirtualDJ, as it has all the features I need, including dual, horizontal wave-forms for both layers, so I can easily mix with the single unit. (I am very interested in the upcoming LC6000 unit for controlling the second layer)

I hope this helps!

i’ve some other questions: a. can i edit track information like star rating? b. changing bpm manually like i can do with engine prime software? c. deliting files in crates? (on my prime 4 i can’t or don’t know how)

The OS is the same on all units except for some device specific functions

1. No
  2. No
  3. I think playlists

Damned, i thought i could manage tracks with the player. whats the problem to edit some id3 tags with the player? and i can add tracks to other crates, but can’t delete tracks from crates?! maybe we’ll get more functions in the future… at this moment i’m waiting for delivery of my sc6000 set i ordered 4 weeks ago.

@jaydax You can use Virtual DJ with the SC6000, and it has the ability to edit tags. Granted, they are their own tags, but you still get the same effect. It’s up to you if you want to go down that route, though.