Question about firmware on sc5000!

I just order sc5000 should be getting it next week. Wanted to know about firmware updates and how we know there’s a new update on the unit as well as engine prime software? I got a chance to play with it this weekend look promising and took me back when I had the hs5000 with the layers button. Am a pioneer guy but am willing to switch and see what denon has to offer. I think the unit is fantastic and well made. Certain things need to get tweaked up but it’s not a biggie. Thanks

Hi Steven

The current firmware in the SC5000 is version 1.0.0. (fd237b6). The firmware version in the unit can be checked by going into the Preferences screen, then Utilities in the Menu.

There is no set pattern or frequency of firmware release, however, when new versions of firmware become available their release will be mentioned here on the Denon DJ Forum.

I am in the process of updating my firmware on my SC5000 but do not have complete instruction or a youtube video on the process. Please help. Current instructions on website support page are vague and incomplete. TIA

When you download the firmware zip file, there is a document in the folder with instructions on it

Thank you Gee_DenonDJ for responding, you have always help me out.

I did not see the installation instructions with the download, only “Release Notes”. Maybe I missed something.

Also, I wonder if there needs to be a Mac driver to recognize the SC5000. I connected to my Macbook Pro running High Sierra and it didn’t recognize it so I believe update won’t start the update for that reason. For setup connections for update, I tried the front USB input and the rear (out) USB. I don’t know so that I why I asking for your help or guidance.

Thank you, Oscar

@Gee_DenonDJ @U2Orlando is correct when selecting the firmware link http://cdn.inmusicbrands.com/denondj/bp17fm/Denon_DJ_Prime_Series_Firmware_Update_Package_v1.2_Mac.zip

this link doesn’t contain the instructions PDF anymore…

Please let us know if the instructions are still available online.

I have tried that. I am not sure if my connections are correct for the firmware update. I have tried connecting to the front and back of my SC5000 and my MacBook Pro running High Sierra doesn’t recognize my SC5000 to complete the firmware update. Any suggestions… Thanks, Oscar

If you’re able to connect to the front usb for firmware upgrade, than you’ll need a computer manual first…

Use the blue usb3 cable that came with the unit!

My MacBook Pro for some reason does not show that there is a device or SC5000 connected to it regardless of what USB cable I use whether is it 2.0 or 3.0 so the firmware update cannot even begin.

Is your SC5000 in Firmware Update mode?

Maybe I’m doing that wrong. On the manual it says, “Follow the firmware instructions included with the firmware update package you downloaded.” However there were no instructions on how to go into firmware update mode.

So I went to the utility screen then I pressed view/preferences/utility and then I tap the utility tab. I saw where there was a firmware update available but when I downloaded the firmware on my Mac and had the necessary connections to the SC5000, my MacBook Pro continue to state please connect your device and it was already connected but not recognized by the Mac.

Second time, same question: Are you using the blue USB3 cable??

You’re stating that you have tried usb2 and usb3 cables on the front and back of the unit >> front is NOT possible; usb2 is NOT possible!

The ONLY way to connect to the pc/mac is with the blue USB3 cable on the BACK of the unit and in the DEDICATED port for it:

edit: perhaps we need to split this from original topic question.

Steven.V The SC5000 have a lot future promise if the operating system is fully upgradable / tweakable, I do not think they have arrived in terms of usability yet, surly logic tells me their has to be a good firmware update not too far away, that hopefully will get these players stepping up with a view to more improvements as they evolve, I have high hopes still, so I would recommend the SC5000.

as you don’t have the instal instructions here they are and most important before updating the SC5000 you need to Ensure you do update the X1800 mixer first:

In the next post I will share the SC5000 instructions:

X1800 PRIME Update Instructions IMPORTANT: THE X1800 MUST BE UPDATED TO VERSION 1.1 OR HIGHER TO USE SC5000 VERSION 1.0.2 OR HIGHER. NOTE: THE PRIME SERIES PRODUCTS ARE NOT SUPPORTED ON WINDOWS 7. WINDOWS DRIVER UPDATE (Windows Only)

1. Install Denon DJ X1800 Prime Driver 1.0.3.
  2. Restart Computer.
  3. Proceed to steps below. USB AUDIO INTERFACE UPDATE Note: If USB Audio Interface is up to date this application will automatically close and continue to the control surface update.
  4. Unzip the update file.
  5. Connect the X1800 PRIME to your computer via USB port 1 .
  6. Power on the X1800 as normal.
  7. Double click the Denon DJ X1800 Firmware Updater Application icon.
  8. Click UPDATE FIRMWARE . This will update the devices XMOS (USB Audio Interface) firmware from to 1.0.
  9. Once complete the Updater Application will automatically close and open a second window.
  10. USB Audio Interface update complete.
  11. Proceed to the steps below. CONTROL SURFACE UPDATE
  12. Power OFF the X1800 PRIME.
  13. Connect the X1800 PRIME to your computer via USB port 1 .
  14. Press and hold BACK + FX CUE + TAP.
  15. Power on the X1800 while holding the 3 button combination above. The display will show “ Update Firmware?” - OK / CANCEL ”.
  16. Release the buttons.
  17. Turn the FX SELECT knob to OK and push the encoder to enter. Channel meters 1,2, and 3 will begin to illuminate from the top down. Once the display shows “ Data Receiving ” proceed to the next step.
  18. Click NEXT in the X1800 Firmware Updater application.
  19. Once complete the X1800 PRIME will power cycle.
  20. Update complete.
1 Like

herewith the update instructions for the player SC5000:

SC5000 PRIME Update Instructions IMPORTANT: X1800 PRIME MUST BE UPDATED TO VERSION 1.1 IN ORDER TO USE THIS SC5000 BUILD. NOTE: THE PRIME SERIES PRODUCTS ARE NOT SUPPORTED ON WINDOWS 7.

1. Power OFF the SC5000 PRIME.
  2. Connect a USB cable to the SC5000 USB OUT port and the other end to an available USB port on your computer.
  3. On the SC5000 press and hold MEDIA EJECT + SOURCE + LAYER .
  4. Power ON the SC5000 PRIME while holding the 3 button combination above.
  5. Release the power button but continue to hold the 3 button combination until the splash screen appears with a microchip icon in the lower center of the display.
  6. Once the splash screen appears with the microchip icon, release the buttons.
  7. Run the Denon DJ SC5000 Prime Firmware Updater 1.0.2 application.
  8. Once complete the SC5000 will automatically restart.
  9. Update complete.
2 Likes

can you update us on your progress @U2Orlando ?

Thank you for all who responded to help me out. This is what I did.

1. I used provided blue USB cable and connect from rear USB (USB out) connection to my MacBook Pro.

2. Preferences/Utility (View button) top left of player, tap on “Utility” tab on left.

3. Scroll down to Update (Update Firmware) and tap on “Reboot”

4. Player wil reboot. You are now in firmware update mode

5. Run SC5000 Prime v1.0.3 Updater Application from your computer Update bars will display on your computer to show progress update. Once update is complete, then your firmware has been updated.

No one told me how to do it, I got lucky and with trial-and-error, I guessed correctly.

Sorry I missed this reply. I appreciate your response though. You were right the USB3 cable.