Purchased the X1800

Come on, we’re all heading for a cat fight if this keeps going. We are all trying to make things better for each other. I don’t think anyone is trying to distract from anything.

I want “Full Spectrum Beatgridding” on deck also this is the #1 priority and immediate need (not a want) for me. But I will support for sound upgrading also. So forgive me ladies and gents :wink:

1 Like

It was a typo from doing it on my phone!!!

2 Likes

Me too! Me too! But the constant bending, twisting and hijacking of threads toward “I’m so clever, I found this minuscule insignificant thing and it gonna mention it at every opportunity” needs to stop being thrown in as a constant distraction to the main issues. If it’s not the BPM algorithm in firmware and software and the engine Prime software in general then we don’t need threads twisted back towards the insignificant stuff (no matter how much the tiny bits are zoomed in on) until the important stuff has been focused on, completed and released to public by Denon.

4 Likes

What a load of crap. You’re the one trying to hijack a thread.

Actually I’d say they’re bang on the money and have hit the nail on the head when looking back over your posts of the last year or so on here. Also other people on here have mentioned in this forum that you misbehave in exactly the same with topics on other forums who have you. That needs to be curbed either by yourself or moderators the spamming of your own cough cough discoveries is tiresome.

4 Likes

Says the poster who’s been trolling on me since the beginning…

Someone nicely reports a glitch on a piece of old gear and you call it whining?

I also challenge you to find posts where I’ve done what either you have done or is alleging. Find me posts where I haven’t actually made a case for some subject related to that thread. BPM analysis literally has nothing to do with this thread at all and none of you are even attempting to tie it in… except that you guys are alleging talking about sound quality distracts from it. You’re not even using it as a reasonable case for why sound quality is unimportant. Hilarious.

For instance, the last time I was flagged in another thread I think I was talking about how continuous mode doesn’t work in a thread not originally about continuous mode… because that was brought up earlier in the thread by people saying continuous was a stopgap to no automix. I might not want automix, but the fact was continuous isn’t much of a stopgap if it doesn’t work! I’m starting to think most of the trolls on here are just lazy and don’t bother to even read the threads they show up on and start flagging stuff.

PS, feel free to start a thread in a more appropriate section to post your supposed findings. I’m eager to see it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I agree with others on here. One example is the thread about the low recording volume. It doesn’t take a spectrum analyzer for most people to understand there was an issue with low recording volume. Sometimes listening with our own ears IS the proof. Things are only subjective and opinion based to a point. Putting in random scientific facts along with the “my knowledge is far superior” attitude can support a claim but at some point, it really is annoying.

The OP did start this thread about the sound quality vs other units, which is valid and made many of us take a look or another listen to the X1800. Most haven’t noticed a significant difference vs other equipment but his and your points are still valid.

Sometimes, it’s the WAY you say something vs WHAT is actually said that makes many want to ignore it completely.

1 Like

Let me state this flat out: I don’t care if these individuals in question want to ignore me.

1 Like

Just wanted to jump on and say that shortly after the original post i went and got the Rane MP2015. Much better sound quality and useful for my needs. I still have the X1800 and do the odd bit of Dj’ing with it. My original thoughts are still pretty much what i think of it as a bit of kit. Have to say though, the lack of updates/improvements and now the fact it is being given away with every purchase of 2 SC5000M just seems to be undermining the mixer. I have really struggled to sell it even at a massive discount on what i paid. The approach by Denon to try and shift Prime units is seriously undermining the whole Prime set up as a serious bit of DJ Kit in my opinion. It’s all starting to feel a bit like a failed venture to seriously challenge the dominance of Pioneer

2 Likes

The players are obviously getting feature updates as we see in the v1.4 firmware they’re working on. Hypothetically speaking, if InMusic announced that for the v1.5 updates they were planning to focus on revamping the core, baseline sound processing on all of Prime, both the players, the mixer, and the Prime 4, would you feel more hopeful?

For me it would be something that is necessary. If you want to compete with the best you need to sound at least as good. All the other bells and whistles like streaming are of no real interest to me at this point. Would prefer Denon focus on improving the sound quality

1 Like

Ok. Well, I think I’ve lowered my expectations at this point. Now I’d be content with just Virtual DJ 7.4 caliber sound quality from player to digital output on the mixer. I think maybe they can be just seen as an integrated system rather than the necessity of Pioneer’s freakishly minimalist processing on the player alone that might be too high of an expectation. In order for this to happen, though, I think audio processing improvements would be necessary on the player and mixer side of things both. Probably more achievable and less scary a task for InMusic. I also think the result at least wouldn’t be worse overall to the whole NXS2 system that way comparing keylock off.

i think i speak for everyone on this entire forum when i say we’ve heard enough of your spectrum analyser boringness.

i owned the prime setup and theres nothing wrong with the sound quality since the update. If like me your not satisfied with the prime set up as a whole please sell it and move on.

i suspect you have way to much time on your hands, go back to your beloved gemini as you bang on about it at ever opportunity.

If someone asks you how the weather is outside and your replie is “its quite sunny, did i tell you about the high frequency roll off” theres clearly something a miss.

Sell your denon gear you are done here, goodbye…

6 Likes

Hehe have to agree here. Reticuli is getting way too much noticed with the sound analysis comments around here and not only… :wink: But hey, no offens!

1 Like

I don’t think you speak for everyone on this forum and I’m fairly confident you’re not in any position to ban people.

On a side note, since you mention it, Gemini MDJs are discontinued and Gemini apparently will produce no original products ever again… strictly OEM rebadges from now on. Sad. I put a lot of effort helping them go from being totally useless players to something that had partial use with enough care and obeying certain provisos, but also the MDJ continued to have a lot of potential. They unfortunately never got all their glitches completely ironed out in standalone mode and the company seem to have lost patience. They replaced their original prior product managers brought over from Cortex and gave the new guy only about 2 years or so, but there was just too much to resolve on them for the time/money spent to do it. We also found that many of the early units had incorrect spec’ed discrete parts inside, which certainly didn’t help things.

And hey, I’m still on the Prime bandwagon and put my money where my mouth is. Five players and two mixers and still giving constructive feedback on Prime at each increment of improvement InMusic releases to us. Didn’t you jump the Prime ship?

The Prime 4 has NO sound problems vs what you guys are saying of the X1800 and SC5000’s. It is one of the best sounding units I’ve heard. This is in the stand alone mode VS Serato mode.

I have the X1800 and haven’t noticed too many sound quality issues yet, but I use the Prime 4 99% of the time…Incredible unit for the money.

I’m going to be doing more recording via the X1800 with Serato if possible to determine which I like better.

Sound of the different units are exactly the same. Prime4 has in essence the same components as the Big Primes.

One might not hear issues and that’s fine, but it still can be improved further.

The venue I play at 7 nights a week has a DJM-850 as a house mixer and I plug into a spare channel via RCA master out on the P4. It sounds great. It’s as good as any other input.

One day I plugged the P4 into the main system by taking the XLRs directly out of the 850 and popping them into the back of the P4. I really didn’t like it. It was instantly noticable and really didn’t ‘punch’ or have much fidelity to it. I went back to the RCA method and never went back.

I have had it explained on here before I can see why people can form different opinions on units as their method of connecting can vary. I know I’ll never go back to XLR again!

Just order one at full price … 2 days before the 1850 annonced! (i’m so mad!) Anyway, this mixer EQ is one of the best I used. I like also the filters with resonance that can be set. The reverse roll is brillant, but some other effect are not interessant… The white noise is cool, but it’s post EQ unfortunatelly… Look is cool, but cue button it not enough lighting when engaged (fixed on the 1850.). Yes, SC500 is better than CDJ nxs2, by far, and the 1800 is cool to! :wink:

Just return it, I think all shops have that option!