Problem with the grid of some tracks

:laughing: :laughing:

I only dropped a load to see if the contraceptive was working

1 Like

This reminds me of the news story about a British politician who broke the lockdown rules by driving his car. His reason: “I was testing my eyesight”. :smile:

engine prime still analyses some songs out by 1bpm.

And sharing the file for testing might well be OK if its for testing only.

Actually, I also noticed that many problems in the grid are due to an incorrect calculation of the BPM decimals: for example some tracks are calculated by Engine Prime as 150.123 and at a certain point they will gradually go off-grid; the solution is to rewrite the value at 150,000 and everything falls into place. Also because with electronic music the base hardly has a BPM with decimal numbers (that is either 150 or 151 BPM). The problem arises instead if you have MP3s converted from vinyl.

1 Like

I have music ripped from vinyl that does have decimals, but digital music is the one that is giving me the most problems with the GRID in ENGINE PRIME.

Another thing I don’t understand why denon hasn’t done better is the insert anchor issue. In traktor, if you put an anchor, it lets you move the GRID from the anchor, but in ENGINE PRIME it will move the entire GRID of the track. Incomprehensible.

1 Like

The grid anchor system used by Denon is slightly different and not very intuitive. I changed the grid on some tracks that had variable BPM issues, but it was a tough job. It is not to be compared with the simplicity of VDJ for inserting BPM variations to the grid.

However if you have problems with electronic music, you can do as they said: set the BPM by hand by rounding the value to the nearest whole number.

requested here and for the players here

Vote accordingly

In 2020, when even phones have more processing power than the computer that helped send man to the moon, we really shouldn’t be having these primitive issues.

Why can’t the analysis work out where the beats are, and make a grid that follows them (varying if necessary)?