Problem with firmware update on windows10

Hello i Ran into the same issue. after reading your post., i was having another issue and was looking for some help. (NOTE: This is what i had to do to get my unit to update, i did have to try different approaches and this one got me thru this issue at hand) i hope this is of any help.

i started my update to the x1850 and to my surprise i got the FLASHING lights :frowning: . here is what i did.

1. i unplugged the USB cable.
  2. then i pressed QUANTIZE UTILITY BUTTON for about 2 secs.
  3. some menu options appear at the bottom window running from 1 to 7 scroll down to 7.SYSTEM and press Enter
  4. another options window appears 1 to 9 . select 9. FACTORY RESET and press ENTER.
  5. This Resets the Mixer to some ZOMBIE MODE because almost nothing is functional.
  6. Then turn off the Unit.
  7. Now Press Back/Fx/Tap Buttons and Power ON the unit.
  8. This allows you to Update your Unit.

(Tips: try different Computer USB ports / Try USB port 2 on x1850 mixer/ Have Prime Control Panel program running in the back "Windows Driver v1.0.1 " )

*for me it did not work on one Try so donā€™t give up.

Thanks

Hi there!

I tought Iā€™m the only one frustrated. No wonder the Denon is cheaper than the competition! Since I received my sc5000 and x1850 all I have is problems, problems and problems. Not only software but hardware problems also! My 11 years old djm800 and cdj900 never gave me any hassle!

Mixer has been sent to service as I couldnā€™t get it done myself. I was sick of it.

Thanks for your advices anywayšŸ˜Ž

Hi Guys, I am having the same problem with my x1850. I havenā€™t been able to update the firmware. I rang denon this is the instruction I was given:

ā€œIf you experience any trouble installing a firmware update, please use the steps below to reset the X1850 mixer before attempting the update again:

1. Power off the mixer.
  2. Power the mixer back on while holding down Back + FX Cue + Tap.
  3. Unit will show the ā€œUpdateā€ screen again; select OK.
  4. Unit will then display DSP Recover; allow this to proceed.
  5. When the screen says ā€œRestart,ā€ power off the mixer.
  6. Power back on the mixer while holding down Back + FX Cue + Tap.
  7. Proceed with the update as normal.

When performing any firmware update, please make sure to account for the following precautions:

• Connect the device directly to a USB port on the computer. Avoid using any USB hubs or adapters while performing the update. If it is necessary to use a USB hub, powered USB hubs will be more reliable.
  • Avoid using a USB cable longer than 2m / 6ft.
  • Disconnect other USB devices from the computer and any devices connected to the mixer itself.
  • Close other applications on the computer, especially any MIDI or music production-related software.ā€

I tried this still couldnā€™t update the firmware. I rang them back and the told me that the motherboard maybe faulty. This is a new mixer that I have not used. This is extremely disappointing. Maybe itā€™s time to switch to manufacturer. I am truly disappointed with Denon this time around.

Only way for me to update mixer is with a Macbook. My windows wont recognize itā€¦

Hello, I successfully updated my x1850 to 1.5 using windows 11, but I am sure Windows 10 will be the same. You must install the windows drivers first, then install the firmware updater utility. The 1.5 firmware zip file I downloaded contains both the driver installer as well as the firmware updater utility.

I noticed that the separate windows driver exe download is blocked by my Chrome Browser (Denon, if you are reading this, I think Chrome sees the exe as a security risk and blocks it)

So advice is to just download the firmware zip, which contains both driver installer and firmware utility installer.

Once that is done, you can connect the usb cable (direct, not via hubs) ,run the update utility and follow the instructions. This worked for me.

Be patient when updating. The update takes around 6 mins.

Good luck!

1 Like

I have a same problem. I can not download prime 2 driver for windows. I click the download but no reaction.