Problem on my jog wheel!

Not a firmware problem. Not necessarily an AC power cable grounding problem, either.

i test this solution but mi denon not have this movement up and down, is very adjusted. in mi opinion the problem is bad adjust of sensor, ( i remember in the past mi denon 2500hd have the same problem and the solution is in the sensitive sensor )

You might not be getting a good grip around the outer portion of the jog when it’s laying flat for normal operation. Disconnect all the cables. Try tilting it upside down and see if the jog pops away from the body a mm and then back. When it’s upside down and the jog’s popped out very slightly, you should be able to get it to push in a mm or two. Then rotate the jog back and forth a few times once it’s reseated and upright. This reseating method works on all three of mine. I do it now before every session and no longer have the very bad touch problems, only the relatively minor ground issues in ungrounded venues.

ok, i test this

nothing, not work for me… i test other form pressed the plate on power on machine, in this moment calibrate, and the sensor slow the sensitive and work relative good, the problem is the sensor calibration

Do both of yours do this? Are you 100% certain you don’t have a bad AC line ground, as in you used a tester and it was fine?

only one unit , al ground instalatión in mi study its ok, and the problem is recurrent in other places.

I have the same problem with one of my SC5000 as described above. Nudging leads to a behavior as if I would touch the vinyl platter (sometimes simultaneioisly with the red warning sign on the top left corner). In addition there is this strange behavior that when I tap on my Player (actually doesnt matter where) then the song starts to stutter and gets distorted.

I’ve read in another thread that this may be due to a defect transformer (or something like that…).

However, I hope the support will reply to my Mail soon so that we ca find a solution.

1 Like

some updates about this problem ? :thinking:

mi machine are repair for technical service warranty, the root of the problem is unknown.

ok problem… cuz i did this… i put my apollo twin on the platter for a a whole day… didnt think nothing of it while i was recording … just put the apollo onthe platter… now i need to use my fingers and touch the metal beside the platter to ground them to scratch… … so im sure u did something like this… we put something we shouldnt have on the platter… now did u or anyone ever solve it how to reverse it?

Been having the same problem on one player, changed the wires and plug socket and still the same player. It’s a massive pain in the arse and not sure how to fix it