Prime Two channel Battle mixer

It’s a great idea but o feel InMusic have a certain direction they want to take each brand and Denon DJ is geared up more towards the club/EDM/open format DJs while Rane is their battle/turntabalist brand.

They may do it one day but that would mean a diversion from their aim.

What I could see is a Rane mixer built with the possibility of connecting SC5000s and StageLinq. If the firmware was written by the same guys then they could “Prime” the Rane firmware and have full compatibility of existing Denon DJ players. Who knows? Cross compatibility could be a good thing.

There is some great ideas here and hope they end up in a mixer.

2 Likes

Connecting their brands (incl. Numark) on a single software platform is crucial for keeping up with competition. Pioneer DJ has covered almost all price points and user scenarios under one brand and all work with rekordbox (DJ). InMusic needs something similar.

1 Like

I’ve suspected for a while that Engine will power other InMusic devices.

Denon DJ is anyway but the Rane 72 could have a standalone firmware inserted (lifted from a SC5000?) and become an “all-in-one” mixer with the Rane Twelves.

Engine will most probably one day become DJ software and will probably be given away with Numark, Denon DJ, Rane and even ION products. Each brand will retain their focus on their market but Engine will probably be the common denominator, slowly weaning people off Serato DJ and keeping people in house with engine.

Just my thoughts (and sort of off topic too… sorry!).

1 Like

Hello friends! I could get to understand what Denon needs to do. But I do not share it. It is believed that the battle mixer is for the scratch and turnabilism, but there are many others who would say that the vast majority of us work as mobile dj and we need this type of equipment for our creations. Our music library is wide, I would say the most complete! without looking back to the djs of the EDM or the club, where the rhythms are almost all uniform and the vast majority of them want everything to be easier. exact bpm counter. Harmonic key. Suggestion of themes in your preset playlist. and creativity? Where is? Many also work with video and serato is the preferred program. Where to apply effects or filters is necessary. The pad for adjustments and games. Serato Flip is the best I’ve seen, since I can create my own versions without having to modify the original file. At the same time, the entry of an infinite number of controllers of which only a minimum part meets what you really need. The moment you fail there will be no solution. Fail in the middle of an event and there will be no “B” plan like that provided by independent media players. today they integrate you an independent mixer and that it serves with something so bulky where you can only apply a filter to your analog set. Spending 2000 u $ on a controller that can only be used with a computer does not make sense. And I would tell inMusic to improve the mcx 8000 and they will succeed in worldwide sales! There are many old-school djs who came back to collect their vinyl and do not need a 4-channel mixer, but rather solid effects and compact. There’s a world beyond wanting to beat a pioneer and it’s called giving the DJ what he needs! What are you looking for !! And the future team that will reach your hands !! I was a pioneer user in the last 7 years and I switched to denon because the sc5000 offers me more options than the competition. It adapts to my work and needs. I’m not going to an edm recital. But I will make 1000 or 2000 people dance in a private event with a wide repertoire of rhythms. Use the motor and the serato when it is convenient. Rane 72 is good, but it lacks more integration and resources to think about changing my s-9 and investing 2000 or $ 2500 in a new team. We will have to wait with pioneer attacks surely an s-9 mk2. Look what the opponent offers us to react. And Denon will have understood why the S-9 succeeded in sales. I wait for a mixer of Balla Denon Prime for my setup

I created a feature request for this! Please upvote it with likes in the hope it gets noticed and feel free to add your two cents there!

https://community.enginedj.com/t/two-channel-battle-version/13696

2 Likes

USB hub for using players with Serato Ethernet for using standalone players and pulling BPM info for effects Denon Prime effects (I kinda love washout)

1 Like

i think that we are getting closer or we are there

1 Like

I guess a Rane One running Engine OS next!

Or a Numark media player as a cheaper alternative to the SC6000s. Like an XDJ-700.

Numark has the NDX line…If i had to hazard a guess, they will be getting Engine OSed soonish

No layers, affordable and cheerful

4 Likes

the seventy-two runs Serato , we are looking for something that use engine os (no laptop). if the waveforms could be transfered from prime unit to the mixer, it will be awesome