PRIME Series SPRING UPDATE

We’re extremely excited bring you our BIG SPRING 2019 RELEASE that includes major updates for Engine Prime software, SC5000 and SC5000M media players and X1800 mixer.

This new release unifies the feature set across all Prime Series hardware units and adds a significantly more powerful music preparation and performance workflow for DJs. Importing, editing and playing multiple format DJ collections has just been taken to the next level, representing a truly ‘open to all,’ future-facing DJ system.

We’ve listed some of the highlights for each of the updates below, but to get the full picture of what this amazing update brings as well as new import tutorials for Engine Prime, please check (Spring Firmware Update 2019 for Denon DJ Prime Series)

**V1.3.1 Firmware Update for SC5000 and SC5000M

1. On-Screen Editing of Crates and Playlists

2. Musical Key Change and Key Sync feature

3. New Search Filter criteria menu

4. Improved High-Frequency response and Speed Resolution to track playback

5. SoundSwitch StagelinQ Support

& More new features and improvements

**V1.3.1 Software Update for ENGINE PRIME

1. Direct import of Rekordbox playlists, hot-cues and memory loops

2. Speed improvements to Serato, iTunes and Traktor imports

& More improvements

**V1.2 Firmware Update for X1800 Prime Mixer

1. Integrated OLED screen improvements for adjustable brightness and screensaver modes

2. New ‘limiter’ icon to show if active.

3. Expanded Utility settings for microphone send, gate and frequency adjustments

4. ‘Tap-tempo’ flexibility improvements.

10 Likes

YAaaaaaaaaaaaa! Amazing stuff - can’t wait to install the firmware and load new Engine Prime - lots of new and improved things in there.

What’s that do?

Don’t worry - found it

It’s… 0.01% BPM increments on the pitch slider, for ultimate, precise flexibility in the mix

2 Likes

Please reference the full release notes for the SPRING UPDATE below:

Engine Prime 1.3.1

New Features:

● Rekordbox software collections can now be imported into Engine Prime.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• ● Improved the import and update time for Serato, Traktor and iTunes libraries.
  • ● Fixed an issue where some tracks were not imported from external collections.
  • ● Fixed an issue where some tracks were not packed to external drives if duplicate files exist across multiple locations.
  • ● Fixed tracks not auto-analyzing when imported as Crate/Playlist from iTunes.
  • ● Fixed an issue where in certain circumstances, Engine Prime’s Serato collection would show less tracks than Serato’s collection.
  • ● Fixed an issue where a drive could not be ejected during track analysis. *Misc improvements.

SC5000 / SC5000M Prime Firmware 1.3.1

New Features:

• ● Performance Features

• ○ Add a user preference called “Pitch Control Type” which allows the Pitch Bend buttons to be set to Range by default.
    • ○ Improved high end frequency response of players.
    • ○ Increased speed slider resolution to 0.01%
    • ○ Added ability to change key on players.
      • Pressing the on screen key brings up the key change feature. Key can be incremented or decremented using the onscreen controls.
      • Pressing and holding the key button will sync the key to other playing decks.
      • Key button will blink when key is not set to it’s default pitch. Shift pressing the key button will reset it back to the default pitch.
    • ○ Soundswitch functionality integrated.
  • ● Collection Features

• ○ Added Collection Management features.
    • ○ Song lists can now be sorted by additional Metadata like Comments and Date Added. When sorted by criteria, that criteria is also shown.
    • ○ Added ability to constrain search to various fields, including Comments. This is done by pressing the downward facing triangle in the search bar.
  • ○ Holding Shift while scrolling through crates/playlists/folders will now jump by page, just like the song list.

• ○ Increased the touch area of the song list slider, making it easier to scroll via finger.

• ○ Keyboard no longer closes when clearing a search.

• ○ Tweaked keyboard touch areas to minimize false presses and accidental closures.

• ○ Keyboard now reverts back from numbers to letters when a space is entered, or if closed and re-opened.

• ○ Touchable scroll bars now are thicker than non touchable scroll bars and give visual feedback when pressed. Song list scroll bar touch area has been increased for easier touch scrolling through large song lists.

● Misc Improvements

• ○ Disabling layer B will now throw a warning if there is a track on deck.

• ○ Improved loading to deck handling so soft takeover does not kick in unnecessarily.

• ○ Improved selecting and ejecting of drive behavior. Bug Fixes and Improvements:

• ● Fixed an issue where the song would jump in position when scratching after adjusting the grid and exiting grid edit mode.

• ● Fixed an issue where the center wheel screen would occasionally freeze when reverse, censor and slicer actions were performed.

• ● Fixed an issue where repeatedly starting and stopping a motorized platter could result in small audio pops.

• ● Fixed an issue where the SC5000M’s motor would play back at the incorrect speed.

• ● Fixed an issue where when playing two synced tracks on separate layers, the playing track would sync to the newly started track.

• ● Fixed an issue where loading songs from the prepare list would occasionally load the incorrect song.

• ● Improved search accuracy - fixed several issues where searching for numbers would return false results. Also fixed an issue where in rare circumstances searches would leave out results.

• ● Fixed a rare issue where pressing pause would not pause the track.

• ● Fixed an issue where libraries created Engine Prime v 1.0.3 or earlier would not load the collection properly.

• ● Fixed an issue where turning off 3 or more units simultaneously would cause a unit to hang upon shutdown.

• ● Fixed an issue where after searching, the song list would not be brought into focus and loading via knob would not work.

• ● Fixed an issue where after searching, the song list selection would jump to the bottom of the list and only 2.5 would be visible on screen.

• ● Additional bug fixes and improvements.

X1800 Prime Firmware 1.2

New Features

• ● Add display auto dim/off screensaver mode

• ● Add ability to adjust display brightness

• ● Add limiter icon on display to show when limiter is active

• ● Add microphone gate threshold setting

• ● Add ability to send microphone signal to headphones

• ● Add additional frequency bands for microphone EQ low setting

• ● Increased TAP tempo limit to 500 BPM

• ● Add manual TAP override mode Bug Fixes and Improvements:

• ● Fixed issue for MIDI data sent over USB 2

• ● Improved channel level gain distribution

• ● Improved Utility Menu structure

• ● Improved channel fader data sent over Ethernet

• ● Various UI improvements

11 Likes

@Nekoro_DenonDJ

First of all - Looks great with the changes :heart:

Second… Is it correct that wrong BPM still can’t be changed on the players?

I dont want to start a debate about that part, so its simply just a question, cause this is one of my major issues. So just asking…

But great work!

Installed Engine Prime 1.3.1

Deleted my old database on internal and external drive to test the “faster library import”. Serato > Engine Prime. Its racing against a jollof rice I’m heating in the microwave! Looks like EP has a lead.

Full marks to denon for releasing this early in the week. Allows adequate testing prior to any weekend gigs.

2 Likes

Yes yes YES!!! Grabbing laptop NOW!!! Wooohooooooooooo!!!

1 Like

Yes. The microphone gate threshold setting will hopefully allow tweaking of the microphone limiter. I hated when I was at gigs and people were speaking and the microphone would suddenly dropout if they weren’t holding the microphone close to their mouths. Even though the microphone wasn’t close to their mouths, it should just lower the volume of the speaker but not just drop out. THANKS A LOT FOR THIS ONE.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I know you Guys have put alot of work in to it. And this is not for being ungratefull - I am gratefull for the update.

Love:

• The Key-adjust feature.
  • Create playlists / folder feature.

Miss:

• Activating pre-defined loops before pressing Play (mentioned after the last update took that feature away)
  • Rating tracks on-the-fly (mentioned more than 1 year ago)
  • Add comments on-the-fly (mentioned more than 1 year ago)
  • Option to correct wrongly analyzed tracks on-the-fly (by tapping, editing the numbers in the bpm or like in Serato mode on MCX8000 - (mentioned since the release of SC5000))
  • Naming hotcues on-the-fly

But great work, guys :muscle:

1 Like

Some new videos added too guys to help with import of Rekordbox etc…

Rekordbox > Engine Prime

NI Traktor > Engine Prime

Serato DJ > Engine Prime

iTunes > Engine Prime

How to Create a Backup of Engine Prime Database

3 Likes

Question about where/how to DL the firmware: what am I missing here?

I can download the Engine Prime 1.3.1 dmg from this page (though 20 mins ago I thought I DLed the new EP but it was just the last firmware) but I can’t see where the newest firmware is. Am I just missing it somehow??

Looks like its gone… I just checked… Wonder why

Thanks for yet another brilliant assist @paul_denondj!

1 Like

I feel like this is where someone says “cache” and “servers” and “refresh” and “heads will roll” …

:joy: I dont hope heads will roll. Guess they have worked hard, even though I already have managed to point out what I think it should have been included in this update, thinking how long it took.

But Hopefully they wont start on a SC-X-K yet. :wink:

Key change and create folders is cool. But had higher hopes…

I think that’s a quote from a movie or something. But I agree with you @Engell re: not wanting heads to roll. My guess is Pulse snuck in a dumped some late 90s era Jolt Cola into the mainframe. Rollouts pretty much are the worst to be in the middle of. Though I did take maybe the least exciting firmware update video of all time this morning when I updated my sc5000 old v.1.2.2 with v.1.2.2 firmware. You can faintly hear my neighbours hacking smokers cough in the background.

:joy::joy: I dont need to see that video. :wink:

Obi-Wan: “You don’t need to see that video. Move along…” :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Positive

Noticed a massive improvement in time for a Serato Library Refresh

It took 22 mins to complete vs the 3 hours it normally takes prior to the update.

I have about 63k songs (mp4 and audio) in my Serato library. I use a 4TB Samsung SSD external drive via Thunderbolt.

1 Like