Prime go Problems after 1.51 update

For me this issue has happened only once. So I think it is totally random. Since it happened I’ve logged many hours without issues.

It happens to me everytime I use the P Go on 1.5.1

Randomly but it sometimes happen when I turn the jogwheel fast.

It can be about 5 minuter after booting or an hour after…

Haha, I tried to make some fast jogwheel moves with my GO and I managed to get my Vinyl Mode button to get stuck on Nudge Mode. I made another video to Youtube called “Denon Prime Go issue part 2”. It’s hard to say if its the FW 1.5.1 causing this problem but the troubles started after the update.

I think there are some timing bugs in the new firmware. hope it will be sorted out soon. But so far, if you don´t stress the system too hard, I haven´t much problems with this firmware.

Yeah, I think you just have to be careful with the jogwheels

Yep yep… After 2x one hour gigs, I think I may have found something : maybe it is a Ground issue. If you power on the Prime Go being nude feet or with sweaty hands it can causes One deck freeze in minutes…

I’ve had this issues with deck 2 not being able to play at all twice. Resetting it fixes it. Has anyone confirmed that reinstalling previous firmware will fix this issue? Also I can’t find 1.4.1 for the Prime Go firmware. Any links?

1.4.1 firmware is on the denon download site. A little written hint link … under the description to the newest firmware.

but for all they dont find it: https://www.denondj.com/downloads-archives#prime4/

I think they want the PrimeGO 1.4.1. :relieved:

2 Likes

then we have a problem - whitney LOL

As I see … there is only 1.5.1 listed …

I had this problem once during a gig last weekend. I got a request for a song I didn’t have on my flash drive so I tried loading it from Tidal. I got the same sort of performance issues that OP mentioned. I restarted the Prime Go and stayed away from Tidal for the rest of the gig and had no trouble.

I tried to recreate the problem when I got home and I couldn’t. I thought maybe Deck 2 just hates Abba :grin:. It was my second gig after updating to 1.5.1 and I had played a gig the day before with a few Tidal requests (including a country song) and neither deck was quite so choosy. I had to tether to my phone because I don’t have local network access at this gig.

I’m going to be hesitant to play from Tidal during my gigs with the Prime Go until the next firmware update. With an all in one system it can be really awkward to have to restart to get music going again.

This happened to me on the weekend at a live gig (FW 1.51)… Highly embarrassing… Playing from front SD card, loaded a track on deck 2 half an hour into my set and even though it had loaded it would not play. I could still scroll through it with the jog wheel… Loaded a few more tracks on deck 2 and they still wouldn’t work… I instantly knew that this was the problem though as I had read this thread a couple of weeks ago… Had to reboot and restart and everything was ok… but… ??? seriously… come on Denon! whats the official line on this bug?

Did u updated to the new firmware 1.5.2? Don’t say much on the Description on the denon site? But I think it’s a fix

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, I wasn’t aware there was a newer update. When the 1.5.1 update dropped the device told me there was an update. When I checked on device just now it didn’t notify me that there was a newer update… When looking in the settings it said there was a newer update but then tapping the “check for update” button it spunwait then told me there was a newer update then all subsequent button presses said I was already up to date… either way I just manually downloaded the 1.5.2 to an sd card and successfully updated… this is all very confusing… I do hope this fixes the freeze issue.

Yeah I hope so too! Let us know good luck

1 Like

Ok I updated to 1.52 and it looks like they got the bug out. Also the easy way to update is with a USB cable from PC or Mac directly into the Prime Go. This makes the unit my Favorite again Thanks DENON keep up the good work

2 Likes

Hallo, i have the probleem That deck 2 frezen, recieved my prime go yesterday firmware 1.5.2 ,

Is denon solve thuis problem or is it better to return it to the store and take my mony back ?

Thnx, Paul

Hallo, i have the probleem That deck 2 frezen, recieved my prime go yesterday firmware 1.5.2

This has been discussed alot on this forum. I can not 100% confirm this fixed it. But I just tried it and seems to working ok. Do a reset of you preferences.

I think it has to do with Songs that you have already played and are greened out, but not entirely sure if that is causing this bug.

Just had this happen to me on a 2 day old unit (no response from deck 2). Any word on this getting sorted? im on 1.5.2

I’ve had this problem a few times, but only ever with Tidal.

The device still thinks that deck 2 (right) is playing. You can scan forward and back with the jog wheel and there is audio. You can even hit ‘Cue’ and it will snap back to the cue point, but it just won’t play. The button is responsive though, as you can press it and the light will go solid and you will then be prevented from loading a track to it until you ‘pause’ it - then whatever track you load, be it Tidal or storage will do the same thing. Only thing you can do is reboot.

I’ve never had it just mixing tracks off the SD card.